Author Topic: Suggestion - Giving server players access to '/locate' command  (Read 625 times)

Offline Blizz

• Country Supporter
    YearsYears
  • Group: TSF
  • Ingame: Blizz
  • Squad: ClassicCarClub
According to Minecraft latest update a new command "locate" was added, this command allows a player to find nearest "mansion, Monument, End City, Dungeons, Villages etc" Also a new Villager "Cartographer" sells us Mansion and Monument Maps, if you somehow manage to purchase the map then it would take days to find that mansion especially with mansions. If we get access to /locate then we can use it with the map. The command 'locate' outputs the coordinates of the nearest Mansion/Monument which would be really helpful for the players.

Wiki - (Locate_Command)
https://www.digminecraft.com/game_commands/locate_command.php

* Also we don't have access to '/tp' so no one can abuse this command.
« Last Edit: 19 12, 2016, 04:19:40 pm by Master_11 »
I'm a simple person who hides a thousand feelings behind the happiest smile.
The Bad News: There is no key to happiness.
The Good News: It isn't locked

Offline Prototype

• Official CIT ProtoTuber & TaskForce Founder
  • Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • YouTube
  • Group: TaskForce
  • Ingame: Prototype
Re: Suggestion - Giving server players access to '/locate' command
« Reply #1 on: 19 12, 2016, 05:49:38 pm »
If we will NOT be able to teleport to anywhere and go there BY OURSELVES, by walking then I am upvoting.

Would be better to know why people downvoted this. At least hear their opinions. Maybe we are wrong?

KLM-JC|Asadi > Me: Hey Proto. Love your videos because of them i finally wanted to quit other RPG server so i could play CIT. Watching your videos for a long time.

Offline Ptole

• CIT2 Radio Leader
  • Regular Community Member
  • Web developer
    YearsYearsYears
  • Group: FightForHonor
  • Ingame: [FFH]Ptole'nXs
  • Squad: NeXuS/CIT2Radio
« Reply #2 on: 19 12, 2016, 05:57:20 pm »
If we will NOT be able to teleport to anywhere and go there BY OURSELVES, by walking then I am upvoting.

Would be better to know why people downvoted this. At least hear their opinions. Maybe we are wrong?
Because you should roam around and discover things by yourself on minecraft, not just use a simple command and find everything  :-\
This is more like getting a horse, going far from the spawn, use the command, get some great resources, repeat..

Offline Blizz

• Country Supporter
    YearsYears
« Reply #3 on: 19 12, 2016, 06:04:39 pm »
Because you should roam around and discover things by yourself on minecraft, not just use a simple command and find everything  :-\
This is more like getting a horse, going far from the spawn, use the command, get some great resources, repeat..
The command would  only work if a mansion is near your area.

Offline Blizz

• Country Supporter
    YearsYears
« Reply #4 on: 22 07, 2017, 05:58:34 pm »
@rippsblack Is this possible to be added?

Offline rippsblack

• Group: []
  • Ingame: -=Ripps=-
« Reply #5 on: 22 07, 2017, 06:49:28 pm »
Problem is, in my view... everytime you type something into the game, it breaks away from the feeling of actually playing an adventure game if you ask me.
In addition I'm pretty sure you can't arbitrarily give players access to specifc operator commands... Players either have OP or they don't

It is likely possible with a specific server plugin but like - the more of those you have the more it takes away from the game when you no longer have to invest the time to find such places.

I voted to abstain, I have no real interest in those places anyway and prefer to just work on my own structures.
Xfire Profile | ¬_¬
"Sanity is not statistical." - George Orwell, 1984, Book 1, Chapter 9
"When the Rich Wage War its the POOR who die!" - Fort Minor, Kenji

Offline Relerx

• Junior Community Member
  • programming4life
    Years
    • Relerx's Merchant Services
  • Group: Scary_Killers
  • Ingame: SK#Relerx
« Reply #6 on: 23 07, 2017, 03:19:05 am »
Problem is, in my view... everytime you type something into the game, it breaks away from the feeling of actually playing an adventure game if you ask me.
In addition I'm pretty sure you can't arbitrarily give players access to specifc operator commands... Players either have OP or they don't

It is likely possible with a specific server plugin but like - the more of those you have the more it takes away from the game when you no longer have to invest the time to find such places.

I voted to abstain, I have no real interest in those places anyway and prefer to just work on my own structures.
Don't use it, if you do not want to. Not a compulsion at all
BTW permissions can be edited to make it enabled for normal players (permissions.yaml file I assume).

Offline Dead

• CIT2 Radio Leader
    YearsYearsYears
« Reply #7 on: 23 07, 2017, 08:09:50 pm »
Don't use it, if you do not want to. Not a compulsion at all
BTW permissions can be edited to make it enabled for normal players (permissions.yaml file I assume).
you are not playing CIT MC server at all. I dunno why you are stating your opinion at all. Firstly, Ripps has a point, none of us has a feeling of playing an actual survival game. Look at these MC youtubers, they play a server without even a plugin on.
for me I disagree, everyone should work by his own. we don't want to promote lazyness here, as right now. only 3/4 players playing CIT MC server luckily
« Last Edit: 23 07, 2017, 09:03:01 pm by HeroDEAD »

Offline Relerx

• programming4life
    Years
« Reply #8 on: 24 07, 2017, 04:44:14 pm »
you are not playing CIT MC server at all. I dunno why you are stating your opinion at all. Firstly, Ripps has a point, none of us has a feeling of playing an actual survival game. Look at these MC youtubers, they play a server without even a plugin on.
for me I disagree, everyone should work by his own. we don't want to promote lazyness here, as right now. only 3/4 players playing CIT MC server luckily
I am not playing it because I have exams, or I do ocassionaly come on, when I see someone else.
This small thing allows us to make our life easier, and if you think about laziness, why do use electronics? because they make life  easy, if you want to live a life without laziness, don't use em, simple as that. follow that discipline.

Offline rippsblack

• Group: []
  • Ingame: -=Ripps=-
« Reply #9 on: 24 07, 2017, 08:47:15 pm »
Education asside.... I srsly dont think lazyness comes into it.

I still think the /locate command wont be as helpful as you might imagine.
i tried it a few times and due to the rarity of woodland mansions (i'm assuming this is the reason u want it) it allways pointed to the same place, Which btw, has been looted to death.
You're going to need to travel 10s of thousands of blocks before the locate command will find another one that has not already been seen.
Xfire Profile | ¬_¬
"Sanity is not statistical." - George Orwell, 1984, Book 1, Chapter 9
"When the Rich Wage War its the POOR who die!" - Fort Minor, Kenji

Offline Relerx

• programming4life
    Years
« Reply #10 on: 25 07, 2017, 01:29:36 am »

i tried it a few times and due to the rarity of woodland mansions (i'm assuming this is the reason u want it) it allways pointed to the same place, Which btw, has been looted to death.
You're going to need to travel 10s of thousands of blocks before the locate command will find another one that has not already been seen.
That is okay, isn't it? This will make us travel a lot, which is pretty fun in minecraft, btw I want to find End Cities, but for that I need to find Strongholds, I know it can be done by Eye of Ender, but it is really inefficient.

Offline Blizz

• Country Supporter
    YearsYears
« Reply #11 on: 25 07, 2017, 06:03:49 am »

That's the main point, the /locate command will only work if we are 10,000 blocks away from the looted mansion. /warp mansion is the nearest mansion from spawn so yes, It's a fair implement. No, it cannot be done by "Eye of ender" the eye only helps you to locate the End portal.

Offline LuisPoillo

• Pro in BO3 in CIT2/Deputy CAI Helper/.
  • Group: SWATTeam
  • Ingame: Luis
  • Squad: TMS
« Reply #12 on: 24 08, 2017, 09:44:50 pm »
This looks too much like / warp or / locate for example in Warp would be much better as it would be for a place Not to teleport to a person to locate you could tell
Example:
Factions | ID Player | Name

Corporal of SWAT Team | CAI Advisor | Ex. First Lieutenant of Global Army

Offline Reddle

• •Pleasure To Help YOU!•
  • Ingame: Reddle
« Reply #13 on: 25 08, 2017, 10:36:39 pm »
Bad to say that I don't agree with this cuz it have to be realistic , and hard , I mean you have to search by yourself to find it . And if they put it it will be easy to find things . So I think I don't agree
° , Arabic/French Translator , Active Helper°
•"I'm Always Available For Any Type Of Help , Just Send A PM"•

Offline Relerx

• programming4life
    Years
« Reply #14 on: 26 08, 2017, 02:44:57 am »
Bad to say that I don't agree with this cuz it have to be realistic , and hard , I mean you have to search by yourself to find it . And if they put it it will be easy to find things . So I think I don't agree

If you think it makes game easier and you want a challenge... DON'T USE THE COMMAND?  :fp:

This looks too much like / warp or / locate for example in Warp would be much better as it would be for a place Not to teleport to a person to locate you could tell
Example:
Factions | ID Player | Name
Are you kidding me? You have no idea what /locate does.