Author Topic: Suggestion - Giving server players access to '/locate' command  (Read 159 times)

Online Master_11

• Country Supporter
    YearsYears
  • Group: CID
  • Ingame: Master_11
  • Squad: CCC
According to Minecraft latest update a new command "locate" was added, this command allows a player to find nearest "mansion, Monument, End City, Dungeons, Villages etc" Also a new Villager "Cartographer" sells us Mansion and Monument Maps, if you somehow manage to purchase the map then it would take days to find that mansion especially with mansions. If we get access to /locate then we can use it with the map. The command 'locate' outputs the coordinates of the nearest Mansion/Monument which would be really helpful for the players.

Wiki - (Locate_Command)
https://www.digminecraft.com/game_commands/locate_command.php

* Also we don't have access to '/tp' so no one can abuse this command.
« Last Edit: 19 12, 2016, 04:19:40 pm by Master_11 »
Some days are just bad days, that's all. You have to experience sadness to know happiness,
and I remind myself that not every day is going to be a good day, that's just the way it is!

Offline Prototype

• Official CIT ProtoTuber
  • Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYears
    • YouTube
  • Group: TaskForce
  • Ingame: Prototype
Re: Suggestion - Giving server players access to '/locate' command
« Reply #1 on: 19 12, 2016, 05:49:38 pm »
If we will NOT be able to teleport to anywhere and go there BY OURSELVES, by walking then I am upvoting.

Would be better to know why people downvoted this. At least hear their opinions. Maybe we are wrong?

KLM-JC|Asadi > Me: Hey Proto. Love your videos because of them i finally wanted to quit other RPG server so i could play CIT. Watching your videos for a long time.

Offline Ptole

• CIT2 Radio Leader
  • Senior Community Member
    YearsYears
  • Group: INS - SAPD
  • Ingame: Ptole'nXs|21
  • Squad: NeXuS/CIT2Radio
« Reply #2 on: 19 12, 2016, 05:57:20 pm »
If we will NOT be able to teleport to anywhere and go there BY OURSELVES, by walking then I am upvoting.

Would be better to know why people downvoted this. At least hear their opinions. Maybe we are wrong?
Because you should roam around and discover things by yourself on minecraft, not just use a simple command and find everything  :-\
This is more like getting a horse, going far from the spawn, use the command, get some great resources, repeat..

Online Master_11

• Country Supporter
    YearsYears
  • Group: CID
  • Ingame: Master_11
  • Squad: CCC
« Reply #3 on: 19 12, 2016, 06:04:39 pm »
Because you should roam around and discover things by yourself on minecraft, not just use a simple command and find everything  :-\
This is more like getting a horse, going far from the spawn, use the command, get some great resources, repeat..
The command would  only work if a mansion is near your area.
Some days are just bad days, that's all. You have to experience sadness to know happiness,
and I remind myself that not every day is going to be a good day, that's just the way it is!