Author Topic: Making LMS happen every hour + bigger reward for winning it.  (Read 352 times)

Offline Raekwon

• Bikerz Forever. Forever Bikerz.
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: Raekwon
  • Squad: CCmotherf-ingC
After seeing that LMS has pretty much died, and no one really gives a shit about it anymore and after reading this
Quote from: Arran
Just another event like LMS that ends with 2 players out of 700 playing it, utter fucking waste of time.
I've came up with this lil suggestion to buff up it's value and make it a more enjoyable event.

Suggestion explained in one paragraph: Basically, LMS will happen hourly and the winner will get more money than the initial reward.

Additional details that are necessary for the suggestion: After each LMS round, a timer set to an hour will start up and when it reaches zero another LMS round will start. People can check for this timer using the /lms command and it will hint how much time until the next round.
Also, the current reward system is 11k multiplied by the number of players taking part in the event, let's make it 20k per player.

This suggestion is worth the time developing because: It will make LMS a more interesting event because it's not repetitive (not boring) and it will pay better to have a more enjoyable experience (an event that rewards your efforts = a fun event).
I talk with the awkward slang, i walk with the 'Tang.

Offline Cerberus

• L4 Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: TSF
  • Ingame: Cerberus
Re: Making LMS happen every hour + bigger reward for winning it.
« Reply #1 on: 07 01, 2018, 07:57:22 pm »
The reason it ends with "2 players out of 700 playing it" is not because it's an "utter fucking waste of time", it's because that the event runs like every 5 minutes which means it's happening so often that it gets boring. I agree that it should happen hourly and perhaps like 15, 10 and 5 minutes before the event starts, a notice would appear reminding players that the event is going to start soon.

About the reward, it could be slightly increased but not too much because it will be overpaid then. I don't know why it was made to run every 5-10 minutes in the first place. Agreeing with your suggestion about making it run hourly.
A river cuts through a rock not because of its power, but its persistence.

Offline Arran

• The Proud Founder
  • L5 Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
Re: Making LMS happen every hour + bigger reward for winning it.
« Reply #2 on: 09 01, 2018, 04:43:06 pm »
+35 votes. Added.
Read this guide before PMing / mentioning me
Failure is simply an opportunity to begin again more intelligently - Henry Ford
Next time you feel lonely, think about your white blood cells, because from birth to death, they're always there for you, fighting for you, like your own private army, your body is an entire world, a world of pure epicness - Me