Author Topic: [A] Non English messages detector.  (Read 2466 times)

guest75538

[A] Non English messages detector.
« on: 15 11, 2018, 10:12:17 pm »
The general idea of the suggestion: Adding non English messages detector that would automatically prevents the advert declaration.
The party effected by the suggestion and the effect: Everybody.
The possible outcomes: By implementing it, Nobody will be manually punished for non English messages in adverts ,unless the detector fails identifying the message's language properly. 
The calculation needed to the suggestion:-
Detailed explanation of the overall suggestion: We already have a topic to improve the surrounding conditions for newbies. High percentage of belief, as soon as an newbie knows about the  advert feature, he will advert, asking for help or talking to his country mates .Either way, he would probably use his own language.  A strict rule over a simple action doesn't make a better environment in my opinion. I'm proposing a detector stands against non English messages and sends a notification back.
" Your advert cannot include non English words". Simple as this.

Offline 3bood

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: Non English messages detector.
« Reply #1 on: 15 11, 2018, 11:13:42 pm »
you just made a Non-English advert today, if you don't want to make a non-English advert then just don't make it, but if you want to make one in order to get yourself punished on purpose then that's your fault, Downvoting.
« Last Edit: 15 11, 2018, 11:30:18 pm by 3bood »

Offline Zelda

• 1.3.4 LUA Programmer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Cnr/Mw/Some RP
  • Ingame: Zelda
« Reply #2 on: 15 11, 2018, 11:27:40 pm »
The automatic correptores tend to fail if the user places "Shder" instead of "Shader" then this would be muted by detecting an invalid word. This suggestion is somewhat difficult.

Offline XooMeRR Eleuce

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: XooMer
« Reply #3 on: 15 11, 2018, 11:55:41 pm »
I think it's useless, because they can receive punishment if you speak other languages, but this would help a lot more to the newcomers who just come to CIT, who do not know anything this would be in support of the New Players,Neutral for now I'll wait for other opinions

Proud  CAI Founder
My Introduction

Offline OhhKarim

• Players of the Gold
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Team eXodus #1
  • Ingame: OhhKarim
  • Squad: NoAP4U
« Reply #4 on: 16 11, 2018, 12:18:36 am »
Slang wouldn't be recognized and neither would abbreviations be, which will result in wrong mutes and then players would have to appeal which is a waste of time. There's nothing wrong with manually muting players. Downvoting.
This is what happens when I dont delete your "usual" quotes. Just check topic and notice how it has full of negativity, hate and toxic posts (except some funny ones. Respect to you). You only spreat anger against PAM and Staff team. I feel so sorry that you've failed in life.

Offline yanza

« Reply #5 on: 16 11, 2018, 03:24:04 am »
I am not agree on ths suggestion because I think it's useless suggestion and no need this feature in game. Players don't like this think too that's why I think you get 4 negative votes.
Nope

Offline Zuvich

• Outstanding Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #6 on: 16 11, 2018, 03:45:35 am »
The automatic correptores tend to fail if the user places "Shder" instead of "Shader" then this would be muted by detecting an invalid word. This suggestion is somewhat difficult.
Zelda explained much, thus I am voting Negative
hej

Offline Emma

• Greta "Otter" Thinkberg
  • You only get one shot, don't miss your chance2blow
  • Group: BNA
  • Ingame: Emma
« Reply #7 on: 27 11, 2018, 10:56:47 am »
Moved from Development Stage 1.
I took permission from Brian to move this, despite it not having enough votes.
You could filter out eg. Arabic & Russian symbols.

Offline TrickStar

YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: TrickStar
  • Squad: Criminal Area
Re: [A] Non English messages detector.
« Reply #8 on: 01 12, 2018, 05:11:45 am »
If you bring out robots to automatically mute people what will the L0 staff do then?
I think it's fine how it is if noob happens to write in a non english language once or twice, then so be it. It's not like somebody dies everytime this happens. You tell him his mistake and life moves on if after acknowledging issa rulebreak and he repeats it he gets muted by our precious ICM's ez pz
L-1 Staff

Offline Emma

« Reply #9 on: 01 12, 2018, 07:11:26 am »
If you bring out robots to automatically mute people what will the L0 staff do then?
I think it's fine how it is if noob happens to write in a non english language once or twice, then so be it. It's not like somebody dies everytime this happens. You tell him his mistake and life moves on if after acknowledging issa rulebreak and he repeats it he gets muted by our precious ICM's ez pz

It wont be like an automatic mute, you just won't be able to send the message.

Offline Brutallized

• New Community Member
  • The Brutalizer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Brutallz
« Reply #10 on: 01 12, 2018, 08:11:44 am »
Well, we already have ICMs
If we add this ICM job will be useless and actually its not a big deal. I am Downvoting your suggestion as I already said that we have ICMs.
Better to die than to be a coward

guest21036

« Reply #11 on: 02 12, 2018, 08:43:59 am »
Actually a good idea, but what happens for Group names ? I am pretty sure no dictionary is going to have words like DynamicMouse and groups that have combined English words ?

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the bot check the word as whole and not separate it ? This would cause a lot of confusion since the combined words aren't mentioned in a English dictionary and thereby, you wouldn't be able to use them in a advert ?

Also, this will require a lot of work, most short-words and slangs won't be in the dictionary. This is complex and would become subject to many problems.

I can see this is already accepted, still would be great if someone were to explain how it would work in a private PM.

Offline Rook

• Regular Community Member
« Reply #12 on: 02 12, 2018, 09:20:43 am »
(Superadvert) Trixter: Seeling 50k iron for 8 bux. Btw apply for KLM!

What if you accidentally fail or use abbreviations or group names like this? There are 3 different non-English words here. Would it detect them as such and mute the person? Because of how the English language is and how many players type/chat, this system would be very flawed and it would be extremely difficult to make it detect correctly based on how each individual types. The only solution would be to force people to make "professional" adverts in proper English. Which isn't a solution at all, especially considering many CIT players have difficulty with the language as is.

I don't think this will work very well, so not supporting for now. Might change my vote if there is a good solution for the above issues.

Offline Emma

« Reply #13 on: 02 12, 2018, 10:50:42 am »
What if you accidentally fail or use abbreviations or group names like this? There are 3 different non-English words here. Would it detect them as such and mute the person? Because of how the English language is and how many players type/chat, this system would be very flawed and it would be extremely difficult to make it detect correctly based on how each individual types. The only solution would be to force people to make "professional" adverts in proper English. Which isn't a solution at all, especially considering many CIT players have difficulty with the language as is.

I don't think this will work very well, so not supporting for now. Might change my vote if there is a good solution for the above issues.

A solution for this would be only blocking out Arabic/Russian symbols. And any other language that has other characters than English'.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #14 on: 02 12, 2018, 02:51:57 pm »
 :tick: Partially added by copying the script that checked if a message started with an Arabic or Chinese symbol so it will prevent at least some people being muted for this rule.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.