Author Topic: [TUT] ATM Robbery  (Read 3271 times)

Offline OhhKarim

• Senior Community Member
  • Players of the Gold
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Team eXodus #1
  • Ingame: OhhKarim
  • Squad: NoAP4U
[TUT] ATM Robbery
« on: 21 03, 2018, 07:17:42 pm »
What is an 'ATM robbery'?

It is a criminal mission where you can earn money and a reputation. In order to start this mission you need to go to any ATM and press 'N', once you've pressed 'N' there will be a GUI on your screen where you can choose the difficulty of your ATM robbery. The higher the level, the higher the difficulty thus earning a higher money reward and reputation. Once you've chosen a certain level of difficulty, you will see a keypad on your screen. You are supposed to crack the code of the ATM now, when you enter a number it will either tell you higher or lower. Successfully cracking the code will also make you wanted, so be aware of cops! The simplest level gives you 1.0 wanted level stars, $5208 cash, and 100 reputation points, and requires you to crack a code between 1-2194 in less than 1 minute and 15 seconds. The most difficult level gives you 6.0 wanted level stars, $37500 cash, and 721 reputation points, and requires you to crack a code between 1-1,000,000,012 in less than exactly 10 minutes.

(Picture of the GUI that pops up after pressing 'N')

For example, if you choose the simplest level, the code might be 1600. I will give you some tips in order to crack it quickly. Never start with a number that's too high, or too low, try taking a number in the middle. Like 1000 for example. It will then say higher or lower, if it says higher then you could go for 1500, if it says lower then you would go for around 700. The reason we do this is that we choose the number which is in between the previously entered number, and the next one. This will save us a lot of time while cracking the code. So let's say that when we wrote 1500, it once again said higher, so now we have to choose a number between 1500-2194 and as I've taught you, you need to pick the one in the middle, which is 1700. It will then say lower so we now pick a number between 1500-1700 which is 1600. Congratulations, you just cracked the code!

Video tutorial:

(Steps of what I've done in the video):
First I had chosen a number between 1-2,194 which was 1,000.
Then it said higher so I had chosen a number between 1,000-2,194 which is 1,500.
It once again told me higher so I chose a number between 1,500-2,194 which is 1,700.
It then said for the third time to go higher so I chose a number between 1,700-2,194 which is 1,900.
It again said to go higher so I chose a number between 1,900-2,194 which is 1,950.
Then it finally told me lower so now I know that the number is between 1,900-1,949, but I decided to start from 1,940.
It said higher so I went higher a bit and chose 1,945.
Now it said lower so I only have 4 choices between 1,944-1,941. I started from 1944 so it said lower till I cracked the code which is 1,941 in 32 seconds.

Commonly asked questions:

Q: I went to Las Venturas (LV) and I tried to crack the ATM, but it didn't allow me to press 'N', is it bugged?
A: No, ATMs cannot be robbed in Las Venturas (LV) and San Fierro (SF), only in Los Santos (LS).

Q: I keep forgetting the previously entered number, I feel hopeless, should I stop trying?
A: No, if you are unable to remember numbers then you can write the previously entered number on a little piece of paper and write higher/lower next to it, even I sometimes do this on the hardest levels. Keep in mind that if you don't rob the ATM on your first, second, or third try then it doesn't mean you should lose hope, it only takes practice!

Q: Does having VIP affect any of the rewards?
A: Yes, VIP does affect it. It will increase only your cash reward by 20%.

Q: I tried robbing an ATM while being a civilian and it doesn't work, is it bugged?
A: No, it's not bugged. You need to be a criminal or a gangster to rob the ATM.

Q: Where are the ATMs located?
A: You can find the location of the ATMs by using the command '/batm', the ATMs will then be marked as blips on your map.

Q: Do we get a message after robbing an ATM?
A: Yes, if you successfully cracked the code, then this will be written: You commit Felony Robbing an ATM.

Q: Are there any achievements related to ATM robberies?
A: Yes, there are currently two achievements about it, the first one requires you to crack the code of an ATM 10 times, which will result in a reward of $100,000. The second one requires you to crack the code of an ATM 50 times, the reward for this achievement is $500,000.

Q: What does an ATM look like?
A: They look like this:
« Last Edit: 22 10, 2022, 02:12:26 pm by iFrank »
This is what happens when I dont delete your "usual" quotes. Just check topic and notice how it has full of negativity, hate and toxic posts (except some funny ones. Respect to you). You only spreat anger against PAM and Staff team. I feel so sorry that you've failed in life.

Offline Gustavo

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Gustavo
Re: ATM Robbery (Tutorial and information)
« Reply #1 on: 22 03, 2018, 03:07:36 am »
Hey man , nice guide will help the new criminals but it will be better if you add some pictures to explain more while u're preparing the video .
Scary Killers Founder
Ex Criminal Boss
Ex ChaosGuardians Leader

Offline OhhKarim

• Players of the Gold
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Team eXodus #1
  • Ingame: OhhKarim
  • Squad: NoAP4U
« Reply #2 on: 22 03, 2018, 12:59:44 pm »
Hey man , nice guide will help the new criminals but it will be better if you add some pictures to explain more while u're preparing the video .
Nice idea, done as requested, thank you! I will add more soon, and the video will probably be done tomorrow. Added.  :tick:
« Last Edit: 23 03, 2018, 11:59:55 am by OhhKarim »
This is what happens when I dont delete your "usual" quotes. Just check topic and notice how it has full of negativity, hate and toxic posts (except some funny ones. Respect to you). You only spreat anger against PAM and Staff team. I feel so sorry that you've failed in life.

Offline MaZika.

• Outstanding Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: 07 12, 2018, 12:34:49 pm »
Topic OP is banned.

Unlocked.
« Last Edit: 15 12, 2018, 10:16:40 pm by MaZika. »

Offline Dragon

• أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FBI
  • Ingame: c$
  • Squad: op
« Reply #4 on: 02 02, 2019, 01:08:54 pm »
Video isn't working, Anyway it's really a helpful tutorial, appreciate your work mate! :thumb:
أَشْهَدُ أَنْ لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَحْدَهُ لَا شَرِيكَ لَهُ وَأَشْهَدُ أَنَّ مُحَمَّدًا عَبْدُهُ وَرَسُولُهُ

Offline Chin

• The Fisherman
  • Talos guide you!
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: 03 02, 2019, 09:06:53 am »
Video isn't working, Anyway it's really a helpful tutorial, appreciate your work mate! :thumb:
Fixed. I made a new video.

add a little summary to this Tutorial to make it more comprehensible

• You will be shown a keypad where you'll have to enter a code between two numbers. If you enter the wrong number, the keypad will let you know whether the actual number is higher or lower. Use that as a guide to guessing the correct number. Once you get the correct number, you will be paid and the robbery will be successful.
Unnecessary. A reader can understand what this criminal activity is all about by reading OhhKarim's guide carefully. Also, there's a video already to make it more easier to understand.
« Last Edit: 03 02, 2019, 01:13:56 pm by Chin »