Author Topic: [Tips] How to win races  (Read 4144 times)

Offline Rook

• Regular Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
[Tips] How to win races
« on: 22 06, 2018, 11:51:36 am »
I see a lot of people wiping out during many different races, especially ones with many twists and turns. So I decided to make a topic with some tips to stay in the race, and most likely win it. These tips are mostly for new players.

Don't drive the fastest

I know this seems a little backward, but hear me out. If you try to drive faster than everyone else, you will wipe out. Eventually, you'll have to turn at a corner or pass a hill or something, and you'll either flip the car or start spinning out if you do it too fast. Neither of which is desirable. Instead, speed up and try to use nitrous when the track is straight, this will allow you to pass the others easily.

Keep your eye on the minimap

This directly links with the previous tip. As I mentioned, only try to drive faster than others on straight parts of the track. Keep your eye on the minimap, (as the next two checkpoints always show, a flag for the next one, and a gold circle for the one after it.) If you see a turn coming up, slow down. Don't slow down to basically a stop and allow others to pass you again though. Just slow down enough so you can take the turn with ease, then gain some speed again.

Avoid the handbrake (mostly)

Again, this might seem backwards, as the handbrake allows you to easily turn at high speeds, but it may cause undesirable results. In certain vehicles, if you use the handbrake while going too fast, you'll spin out. Again, you don't want this, as others will be able to pass you. So only use the handbrake if you know you can do it without spinning out.

Inspect the track as you race

During your first few races on a specific track, keep your eyes on your surroundings. This allows you to memorize the track, making it easier to drive through it the next time you race, as well as find shortcuts, which will allow you to get to the finish line faster next time.

For bicycle races

BMX and Mountain Bike Races are a lot easier with 1000/1000 bicycle skills. Try to maximize your bicycle skill before attempting these races.

While on the roof, speed up until you're quite close to the edge, start holding control about a third of the way in, and release it at the very last second.

While in the air, try to keep your bike balanced out by pressing UP or DOWN depending on which way the bike is falling. If you start tilting backward, press UP. If you tilt forwards, press DOWN.

Practice makes perfect

This probably goes without saying, but practice. A lot. Especially bicycle races. If you're free-roaming and bored, use your BMX or Mountain Bike and jump across a few roofs. Or just drive around San Andreas (preferably on difficult roads) with one of the faster cars. You'll also have to drive some of the tracks quite a few times before getting used to them. So just keep practicing and you'll be a winner in no time.

Also note: You can't win them all, but be proud of the races you do win. And most importantly, have fun.
« Last Edit: 23 10, 2022, 10:54:19 am by iFrank »

Offline PartyPat

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: DoMinos_Family
  • Ingame: DoM|PartyPat
Re: [Tips] How to win races
« Reply #1 on: 23 06, 2018, 07:14:35 am »
Nice guide, but you didn't mention one important thing in regard to bicycle races. You require weed to complete most of them, as it allow higher jumps. So go to /settings, enable weed in vehicles and start using it.

Offline Rook

« Reply #2 on: 23 06, 2018, 10:03:22 am »
Added. Thank you.

Offline Senza

• Mr. Catface
  • Honorable
  • A cat
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #3 on: 24 06, 2018, 04:49:20 am »
Nice guide, but you didn't mention one important thing in regard to bicycle races. You require weed to complete most of them, as it allow higher jumps. So go to /settings, enable weed in vehicles and start using it.
This won't make any difference as long it's not the main dimension. @Trixter, you have to remove it, it might confuse players. Weed has no effects in other dimensions.
Nice tutorial though.

Offline Rook

« Reply #4 on: 24 06, 2018, 07:21:28 am »
Removed. Sorry about that, and thanks.

Offline Combat

• The Bug Investigator
  • Honorable
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: Combat
« Reply #5 on: 25 06, 2018, 02:25:48 pm »
Trixter, You mean on your guide that ''Dont drive Faster'' For me it depend's on the car what you use and your strategies how will you control the car, I'm not saying i'm a proffesional racer, Coz I always win on races and my opinion about it is, Driving faster is depending on the car, There are some map's that only straigth roads so you need to use your Full speed, and better handling in going left turn or right turn  8) and for me the best way to win as always on races, '' Memorize the car's uses, Like banshee good on road's and bad on muddy road, and also ''Super GT'' dont left turn or right turn as fast because your car will be split and it will u turn, And the 2nd one is memorize the tracking field so you will be alert in those risky sides, and where you will use your brake, Also ''S'' brake and ''Space'' Brake is not disame because ''S'' brake is for rear wheel and ''Space'' brake is the handbrake, It depends on you how will control it, and the last one is Always attend races and it will improve your handling in different vehicles  (โ—”โ—กโ—”)

« Last Edit: 25 06, 2018, 02:29:49 pm by .Combat »
Producers of Outstanding Innovation ~ AvidaCompany

Offline Mr.EgE

• Junior Community Member
  • If You Dream It , you can do It Baby <3
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Mr.EgE
« Reply #6 on: 25 06, 2018, 11:16:40 pm »
Well, it's helpful topic.It will help to newbies, these tactics are very important.Thanks for that tactics ! :)

Offline PartyPat

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: DoMinos_Family
  • Ingame: DoM|PartyPat
« Reply #7 on: 26 06, 2018, 05:03:09 am »
This won't make any difference as long it's not the main dimension.
Sorry, I guess I missed update, when it was changed for races. Well, There are a couple unbeatable bicycle races now :D

Offline Flokiieh

• Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Flokiieh
  • Squad: The Wraiths
« Reply #8 on: 16 08, 2018, 10:37:45 am »
I have to say I'm impressed you covered the most important details. I have been racing since 2010, been in numerous race clans over the whole MTA community, represented by own country on the national racing tournament and beat down quite a few strong countries. Anyway, what I tend to notice the most is people not using the advantage of cutting turns, you brake a little and try to get in between the lamp posts in sorta' diagonal way, that way you gain quite a few milliseconds and If you keep doing that the distance between you and another player rises significantly.

It might sound easy but actually explaining these kind of things takes a lot of effort and knowledge. I have tried writing a complete guide last year, had recorded a bunch of content but then something came up and I had to go inactive until a week ago.

I'd love to see some updates on the topic, there's a lot to cover, It is a wide topic after all.

Cheers
Anyone looking at my profile should understand I made it when I was roughly 10 years old and anything I've done in the past made me into who I am today. Mistakes are meant to be learned from.

https://cit2.net/index.php?topic=289938.0

Offline PekPek

• Junior Community Member
  • Keep it blank.
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: Pekka
  • Squad: Falken
« Reply #9 on: 17 09, 2018, 02:00:54 pm »
Its a new guide , i'm played this tactics before you post it , i'm doing race since 2016 , I have more than 3k races in my stats. Lmao, that was easy at the time. But , they (new players) had a high skills so I need to practice it again so i'll won it again haha. Nice guide  :thumb:
feeling hopeless because your friend calling you a coward? no problem man you still have many friends in CIT <3