Author Topic: [A] Spraying a graffiti over another group's graffiti in a turf will give you 3%  (Read 5196 times)

Offline noD3

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 1337
Suggestion explained in one paragraph: Spraying a graffiti over another group's graffiti in a turf will give you 3% of a turf control, for example a DoMinos_Family member sprayed a graffiti in a 1337 turf, if 1337 member will find that graffiti and spray's it over with his graffiti he will get 3% of a turf control instead of %1. This would make it more interesting to search for enemies graffiti's in a turf for a small reward.

Additional details that are necessary for the suggestion: The turf control points should be given only if you spray over non-Alliance groups members graffiti , and this can only be done once, after you spray it the enemy group's graffiti that got over sprayed will disappear.

This suggestion is worth the time developing because: Because it will bring some new fun to the turf wars in Los Santos, you will go actually looking for enemy graffiti's in a turf rather than just standing and spraying the turf in one spot.
« Last Edit: 30 12, 2018, 05:50:11 pm by Brand »

Offline noD3

I would like to mention @Java and ask him if it is possible to script this thing before the voting procedure starts

Offline MgD

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SonsOfAnarchy
  • Ingame: MgD
Absolutely yes, if its possible then why not, I believe it wouldn't ruin the turf system, it would even be better, great addition, Supporting.
Donator Level 3Senior Community Member , Tagcolor , 18 Personal Skin , 5 Personal Carshaders , TOP 100 Criminals

Offline MaX15

• Donator L3
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: MaX15
@noD3 as far as I know it can be scripted, however,  I'll try to contact both Relerx and JaVa to confirm that. Meanwhile people can vote.

Before you speak ask yourself if what you are going to say is true, is kind, is necessary, is helpful. If the answer is no, maybe what you are about to say should be left unsaid.

Offline HaMo

• Actions speak louder than words
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: ChaosGuardians
  • Ingame: HaMo
supporting this bringing old memories of old gta sa plus its a funny thing to be added to the turfs gameplay I go positive in this  :tick:

Offline sheRRy

• "Nothing scares me but God"
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Vancouver
  • Ingame: sheRRy
  • Squad: Falken
I will support this suggestion as it will be a great addition to the game and it is way to advertise themselves and to show that their power is greater than others. :thumb:

Jealousy gives rise to more Hatred.

Offline yanza

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Nice suggestion I like your idea and why not I am agree on this because nice suggestion and nice idea we should add this useful post. Supporting

Offline Java

• Community Developer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
I think it's easy I can script it if needed ...

Go ahead, good luck!

Offline noD3

Go ahead, good luck!
Is this possible to script Java? Since I dont know how sprayed grafitties are saved because I think they are client sided, sorry for mention but I want to hear your opinion regarding this @Java

Offline Zelda

• 1.3.4 LUA Programmer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Cnr/Mw/Some RP
  • Ingame: Zelda
Supporting, but it would be good that when the player enters a turf a message appears to him so that the players know this something like "Spraying the spray inside the area of a turf will make the progress is greater".

Offline Jumper

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FFHGaming
The suggestion is pretty good and I like it, its like the group who sprays graffiti on another group's graffiti is setting his control around the area or something its a little bit realistic and will make the turf system a little bit good but I have a question

How the script is supposed to be created ? I mean how the script will recognize that a graffiti was placed on another graffiti?
LS Rapist
Criminals Mastermind
I don't feel safe in CIT anymore
Former Criminal Boss & Guider
ex L9 FightForHonor Founder, ex L8 CF deputy, ex L7 Vacouver Founder, ex L6 B13 leader, ex chaos deputy, ex crips founder, ex Bandidos founder, ex Dym founder, ex Sam leader.

Offline noD3

How the script is supposed to be created ? I mean how the script will recognize that a graffiti was placed on another graffiti?
I assume that if when spraying a graffiti the script sees if theres enough of wall space there , so I think it gets some coordinations or something since it draws even from what angle you are standing so if you spray over the same non alliance graffiti ,in a turf cluster, like for example some coordinate units away from it it counts as spraying over other groups graffiti.

Im not particular sure if it is possible to script this because I think graffities are saved in a client side since I dont think I have seen graffities after I have reconnected , so thats why I mentioned java if it is possible to script this
« Last Edit: 26 12, 2018, 11:00:05 pm by noD3 »

Offline Sam.

• Regular Community Member
  • Lost
  • Ingame: Sam
This is how Hammas got him self stuck with.
I think it's easy I can script it if needed ...
good luck scripting it buddy, you will need it.

About the suggestion, it's like the side missions in the original GTA SA, where you go arround spraying Groves Graffiti over the other gangs's griffities to make an infulenc. It will be applied in CIT but in a much efficent way, this will be a good way of capturing turfs and starting wars between gangs and it will be another. It will also be a realistic way of taking turfs so anyone that sees the graffities over each other will know wich gang is taking the turf. Supporting
« Last Edit: 27 12, 2018, 12:02:28 am by Sam. »

MTA Arabic & French Translator/Reviwer

Ex-FightForHonor Leader | Ex-Los Santos Vagos Mano Derecha

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."

Offline Java

• Community Developer
It is possible. I could do that myself but will wait for a developer to add a custom event for me ideally as I don't have access to graffiti script. The question I want to ask is, what currently happens whenever you spray a graffiti over another graffiti?

Offline noD3

It is possible. I could do that myself but will wait for a developer to add a custom event for me ideally as I don't have access to graffiti script. The question I want to ask is, what currently happens whenever you spray a graffiti over another graffiti?
You just get regular turf cluster points for spraying a grafitti , a graffiti is getting on top of the graffiti which has been sprayen over, nothing more than that.