Author Topic: [GUIDE]To make a great suggestion  (Read 4641 times)

Offline JaMaW

• The Professional & DT Leader
  • Outstanding Community Member
  • #PositiveCIT
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: DeltaTeam
  • Ingame: Jamaw
  • Squad: 404!
[GUIDE]To make a great suggestion
« on: 03 05, 2017, 07:17:35 am »

Dear Community members,

In the last couple of days, I went through the development board, and I noticed that many of you are suggesting irrational and unworthy suggestion based on the fact that a certain feature is not suitable for your personal gameplay or your vision of the server.
This is the reason why I have decided to create this topic which could guide some of you on how to make good suggestions.

First, and before starting to craft your text, you need to find a worthy topic, something which is really in need of change but also which would fit the majority of players. Nearly all of us feels that any idea we get is worth writing about, but we don't usually consider collateral damage we suggest stuff that will solve our problem, but effect a majority of the server. This is the main point; you guys need to check before deciding to go forward with the development. Please always focus on how your idea will damage or enhance other people's experience, and weight the pros and cons before moving forward.

Then, you need to read a bunch of documents which will guide you in your development mainly Development Board rules. After reading this carefully each, and every time you make a suggestion because rules change. You also might want to search if your idea has been suggested, go to the Development Board, and use the forum search tool to find any combination of your idea. If you find something similar check it and see if you can improve on it, or you need a new section for your idea. This is everything you need to search for on forum before making a suggestion.

When you have done all the prior steps, you will need to gather information about your topic. You need to provide in your proposal as much proofs, details, and explanation as possible. We do not know what is in your head or why you are suggesting a certain topic. You need to make us understand your perspective; you need to provide us with as much incite on your suggestion as possible. Players upvote suggestions based on how understandable it is, and about the impact of this proposal on the player's gameplay.  Beside player's perspective of voting, developers of the server need to clearly understand the idea to provide the best in-game implementation of it. You need to provide them with all the needed tools to make their work easier, the more complex your idea is, the more details you will need to input. You need to avoid any loophole in your system so that we avoid bugs in-game, try to show all possible combination of Input and the respective output you get from applying it.

In the end, you will need to write everything in an understandable manner; you need people to understand your opinion to be able to project themselves into the suggestion, and you need them to find it useful so explain as much as possible.

After that, you need to wait and rationally defend your idea.

I will be adding a point by point version(List form), so the lazy part of you could read it fast. Also will add types od suggestions and the amount of information needed.

Hoping that our developmental board will become a lot more relevant and we will be able to really have constructive suggestions.

Thanks for reading.
Regards JaMaW

"Leaders don't create followers, they create leaders!"--  Unknown
"Leadership is about making others better as a result of your presence and making sure that impact lasts in your absence.” – Sheryl Sandberg
"I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work."  – Thomas A. Edison

guest70437

Re: [GUIDE]To make a great suggestion
« Reply #1 on: 03 05, 2017, 08:57:02 am »
Hey nice post!, you have all the reason, also I like you'r ideas!

Rexion

« Reply #2 on: 03 05, 2017, 11:39:20 am »
Following your ideas like make a clear concept of what someone wants to post suggestion, well done.

Offline Hatem

• Regular Community Member
  • Hater/m
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Hatem*SWAT
« Reply #3 on: 28 05, 2018, 09:36:20 pm »
@Clinkz I think this topic should be locked as the development board got removed.
SWAT's youngest Honorable

Offline MeD.

• 5th Leader
  • Outstanding Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #4 on: 28 05, 2018, 10:41:48 pm »
@Clinkz I think this topic should be locked as the development board got removed.
I think this can remain so usefull to ./vis system?

Offline G2K

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #5 on: 11 07, 2018, 03:09:10 pm »
nice topic thank u JaMaW

Offline H0uB4

• LeFt
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #6 on: 12 07, 2018, 12:26:58 am »
 (◔◡◔) usefull TOPIC

Offline RedHeart

• King of Eagle_Squad
  • CIT News- Publisher
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: RedHeart
« Reply #7 on: 31 05, 2019, 03:02:54 pm »
Nice guide but please update it bro. There is no development board anymore. So add discussion board instead.
@JaMaW @Chin
« Last Edit: 31 05, 2019, 03:08:24 pm by RedHeart »
Founder of Eagle_Squad

If you need help PM me

Offline Rampage

• Junior Community Member
  • CIT's Rampage
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Chao$|Rampage
« Reply #8 on: 02 06, 2019, 12:39:42 pm »
I think we can move this to the Discussion board. Needs to be updated aswell.
@Falcon @noD3
Creativity is to look at the familiar in an unusual way.
Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Offline Vermouth

• The Enigmatic
  • L2 Staff
  • Ramadan Mubarak Y'all!
    YearsYearsYears
« Reply #9 on: 26 12, 2020, 02:43:24 pm »
Great topic mate but it needs to be moved and updated  :thumb: (Locked it)
@Falcon
“Games don't make you violent, lag does.”

Offline MacMan

• Everyone is perfect in his own way
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: CitiZeNs
  • Ingame: CzN|MacMan'#039
  • Squad: Falken
« Reply #10 on: 26 12, 2020, 02:56:41 pm »
Great topic mate but it needs to be moved and updated  :thumb: (Locked it)
@Falcon
It doesn't need to be moved, since there's a topic there already: https://cit.gg/index.php?topic=339770.0
Since there's a board there then there's no need for this one, locking it.
I apologize if I ever was a toxic person in your life, I'm maturing more everyday, correcting my wrongs and slowly but surely becoming a better version for me