Author Topic: [IMPLEMENTED] Simplifying the F1 panel with a language button  (Read 3457 times)

Offline OhhKarim

• Senior Community Member
  • Players of the Gold
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Team eXodus #1
  • Ingame: OhhKarim
  • Squad: NoAP4U
The F1 panel has a lot of useful information but it's not that simplified and lets be honest here, most newbies will simply look past it. When you open F1 you see a huge list, we should try decreasing it to make it look less & hopefully it will then be looked more into. So I randomly came up with a suggestion to hopefully make it look more organized.

I'm suggesting to add a button to change the language of the texts instead of having them all in a list. I'll elaborate. Right now it looks like this:
Show content

So I'm suggesting to make it look like this:
Show content

Obviously it won't look this bad, but I suck at designing. It will remove many unnecessary searches in F1 & decrease the capacity of the list.

Some additional suggestion regarding this:
- If someone has set their MTA language to Arabic for example, then in F1 he should only be able to use English/Arabic as he won't be using the other languages, it will be more clean in F1.
- And if a player is from the Netherlands (/stats > country), he should ONLY have English/Dutch in F1.
« Last Edit: 14 06, 2019, 06:47:10 pm by Arran »
This is what happens when I dont delete your "usual" quotes. Just check topic and notice how it has full of negativity, hate and toxic posts (except some funny ones. Respect to you). You only spreat anger against PAM and Staff team. I feel so sorry that you've failed in life.

Offline Vampire

• vompire
  • Non Administrative Staff
  • The Undeadly Thirst
  • Ingame: [CIT]Vampire
Re: [PROPOSAL] Simplifying the F1 panel with a language button
« Reply #1 on: 07 06, 2019, 08:13:52 pm »
I suggested something similar in the past (03.11.2017), but it was denied because most of the ingame things weren't fully translated, however, I still thing that F1 could be improved to have a better organization:

"Being reminded for something you worked really hard is good to your soul, and see that you left your mark behind is good to your mind" - Vampire 2017

Offline OhhKarim

• Players of the Gold
« Reply #2 on: 07 06, 2019, 08:48:03 pm »
Yeah that's what I meant, a button where you can choose the language so the long list won't be as messy and long. I'm not good at designing so I just randomly placed it somewhere lol. Your design looks great.  :tick:

it was denied because most of the ingame things weren't fully translated
What about giving current translators the ability to translate the F1 gui too? (If they can't already) So that this can be implemented in the future once a majority of the pages have been translated?
This is what happens when I dont delete your "usual" quotes. Just check topic and notice how it has full of negativity, hate and toxic posts (except some funny ones. Respect to you). You only spreat anger against PAM and Staff team. I feel so sorry that you've failed in life.

Offline Vampire

• vompire
  • The Undeadly Thirst
« Reply #3 on: 07 06, 2019, 08:57:51 pm »
What about giving current translators the ability to translate the F1 gui too? (If they can't already) So that this can be implemented in the future once a majority of the pages have been translated?
That's what suggested before, but Staff can handle it without any problems as players can suggest things to be added to F1.
"Being reminded for something you worked really hard is good to your soul, and see that you left your mark behind is good to your mind" - Vampire 2017

Offline OhhKarim

• Players of the Gold
« Reply #4 on: 07 06, 2019, 09:16:38 pm »
That's what suggested before, but Staff can handle it without any problems as players can suggest things to be added to F1.
Well nothing new has to be added, the English pages are already there, it just has to be translated, or did you mean people have to send the translations versions to staff members?

Offline Vampire

• vompire
  • The Undeadly Thirst
« Reply #5 on: 07 06, 2019, 11:20:35 pm »
Well nothing new has to be added, the English pages are already there, it just has to be translated, or did you mean people have to send the translations versions to staff members?
They can translate, obviously or send new stuff that doesn't exist in english yet.

Offline OhhKarim

• Players of the Gold
« Reply #6 on: 09 06, 2019, 01:09:08 pm »
Alright this can be locked then, thank you.

Offline Vampire

• vompire
  • The Undeadly Thirst
« Reply #7 on: 13 06, 2019, 08:40:52 pm »
Alright this can be locked then, thank you.
Why tho? Sort by language would be useful.

Offline OhhKarim

• Players of the Gold
Re: [VOTE] Simplifying the F1 panel with a language button
« Reply #8 on: 13 06, 2019, 08:46:16 pm »
Why tho? Sort by language would be useful.
Alright, will set this to a vote then  :thumb:

Voting process may start now. @SeeMi @TheHacker @Redfire @noD3 @Ariana @CooLDuDe

Offline noD3

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 1337
« Reply #9 on: 13 06, 2019, 08:48:34 pm »
 :tick:

I actually wanted to propose that myself, players shouldn't see the help in languages they don't need.

New players wants to see info and read about the features without searching for something particularly.

This would be definitely be easier and more helpful for players searching through F1

Offline Ariana

• Donator L3
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Ariana
  • Squad: SAAS
« Reply #10 on: 13 06, 2019, 09:05:26 pm »

sure why not will help non-english noobs

Offline Redfire

• Prometheus
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Redfire
« Reply #11 on: 13 06, 2019, 10:38:32 pm »

Simplifying the F1 menu would help players.
"A day will come when you think you are safe and happy, and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid."

"I played soldier, you played king. And struck me down, when I kissed that ring. You lost that right, to hold that crown. I built you up, but you let me down. So when you fall, I'll take my turn. And fan the flames, as your blazes burn."

Offline OhhKarim

• Players of the Gold
Re: [ACCEPTED] Simplifying the F1 panel with a language button
« Reply #12 on: 13 06, 2019, 10:46:43 pm »
Set to accepted due to 3 positive votes.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
Re: [IMPLEMENTED] Simplifying the F1 panel with a language button
« Reply #13 on: 14 06, 2019, 06:49:50 pm »
I made it so if a question starts with a language code only those using that language will see it (they won't see the language code) staff (or anyone else who is ever given access to add stuff) will see them all. For example the Russian rules question is called "ru|Rules" and those who can edit questions will see it as "ru|Rules" but anyone using Russian will just see "Rules".
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.