Author Topic: Basic PC knowledge and slight performance upgrades.  (Read 13433 times)

Offline Ultraviolet

• Junior Community Member
  • Run like there is no tomorrow
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Ultraviolet
Basic PC knowledge and slight performance upgrades.
« on: 17 09, 2017, 04:52:04 pm »
Hi UV's here  :)

some shitty introduction
Show content
I'v used a lot of wooden PCs during my childhood, and with time I gained a bit of knowledge about hardware and software, with that I managed to increase performance on my main PC, which wasn't even enough but I ended up building my own PC, so i'm willing to share the skills I learnt and hopefully it can be useful for everyone:

Now off we go to the real deal, the real work. Taking care of your girlfriend is important, to increase it life and to have the better performance out of it. Now i'm calling my PC Scylla, she's my gf, she keeps me busy and entertains me and helps me with my homework, gf is life <3.
So after explaining the importance of a gf in your life, let me show you how to explore her and get to know her better:

Hardware

Hardware is when things get touchy, you could actually become handy during this part, there is no more of "maintenance" in hardware other than cleaning the dust, which increases the temperature often, use a vacuum or a hair dryer to clear off the dust, or simply follow this video
Show content
Please be careful during this part, make sure the electricity plug is off.[/font]

Knowing the specs of your PC:

There are many ways to find what your specs are, but without using 3rd party programs, you can use the following:
-Start menu > search for > "dxdiag"
You'll see few tabs which will give you brief info on your specs.

There, this step is complete, navigate through tabs to get more information.

Power

How to calculate electricity bill:

You can calculate your electricity bill to probably lessen it and save money, or just find out how big of a part does your PC takes in your bill.
Now we need to find out 2 things:

1-kW/h price in your country: You can use the Global Electricity Prices Website to find the prices, in Saudi Arabia it costs 0.05 SAR.
2-Power supply watts: You can take the lid off your PC to find out how many watts is your PSU, if you wish to find out, make sure you take the power plug off first and check, mine is 500w.
Now go to the
Online calculator and fill the blanks after completing step 1 & 2.

How to reduce electricity consumption
Now that you know how much of a part your PC takes in your bill, i'd recommend you to fellow this method to help you save extra cash and also makes your PC more sophisticated.
We're gonna use a program called "Autoshutdown", using this program will allow you to schedule shutdowns, so you don't have to let your PC open all day long, and you will only have to set a certain time and it will shutdown, this software has another benefits but i'll let you guys discover it yourselves.
Here is a simple picture of it's interface which shows the software's features:

Click here to download

Performance

Graphics:
This is the part where we talk about FPS and throttling problems, as they are caused by the graphics card in most cases.
I'm going to show you 2 methods on how to increase your FPS:

Method 1:
Step 1:
  • Desktop
  • Right click on empty space
  • Click on "NVIDIA control panel"
Step 2: Follow the steps shown in the pictures below:

Step 3 Click "Apply" and you're good to go!.
Step 4: Repeat the same steps with "gta_sa.exe".

Method 2:

Overclocking
Show content
I will make another topics on this because it needs alot of details

Support

Lastly i'd be very happy to help you with your issues with anything that has a relation to software and hardware, just PM or post below!

Show content
I know the topic might seem dull but I need it because its the base of my future topics. (to be improved...)
« Last Edit: 17 09, 2017, 04:59:32 pm by Ultraviolet »

Offline Shadow_

• USNS Leader
  • Senior Community Member
  • It Pays to be a Winner.
  • Group: US_Navy_SEALs
  • Ingame: Shadow#USNS
  • Squad: CCC
Re: Basic PC knowledge and slight performance upgrades.
« Reply #1 on: 24 12, 2017, 02:52:15 pm »
Can we get an updated version?
Since 2. Select the preferred graphics processor for this program: option does not exist anymore

"Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards.
I'm a lover, I'm a fighter, I'm a UDT Navy SEAL diver"

Short Introduction.

Offline Amman

• The Institute Founder
  • Senior Community Member
  • Ingame: Amman
« Reply #2 on: 04 01, 2018, 07:48:29 am »
Since 2. Select the preferred graphics processor for this program: option does not exist anymore
I thought he may update/reply but he didn't so I'm going to mention him. @Ultraviolet

Offline Relerx

• Community Developer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: CON-Relerx|48
« Reply #3 on: 04 01, 2018, 01:09:03 pm »
It exists for me. I am using Nvidia Geforce 940M, if that matters.

Offline TronX

• New Community Member
  • Software Developer
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: The_ReNeGaDeS
  • Ingame: TronX#NaB
  • Squad: The_Velentzas
« Reply #4 on: 17 02, 2018, 04:26:21 pm »
Very good tutorial, but in my opinion the MTA need more CPU than GPU, at least on this server.
Well, I have a problem with my PC, my GPU when I run the game is between 10 & 20%, but my processor (CPU) is between 80% & 100%, Then my fps go down because my processor is saturated and can't make more frame calls. I know I have a bottleneck with my hardware but optimizing my GPU doesn't work for me. Any advice? @Ultraviolet

PD:I know I have to buy a new PC
"What makes us great is the fact that we can see how small we are"
~The ReNeGaDeS Leader
Ex Rasta Division Founder~
#Don't Worry Be NaB