Author Topic: [A][Trucker] Using repairkit to flip your trailer when it's upside down.  (Read 2844 times)

Offline Jaguar.

• Kai Zen
  • L3 Staff
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: San Andreas PD
  • Ingame: [CIT]Jaguar
  • Squad: CCC
General Idea: [Trucker] Using repairkit to flip your trailer when it's upside down.
Detailed Explanation:  As we all know one of the problem of working as trucker job is when your trailer flip upside down. Sometimes when you are minding your own business and then suddenly a player driving a vehicle rammed your trailer causing it to detach and sometimes goes upside down, and that's the annoying part of it because you have to redo your mission. I am not here to suggest to add a command to flip it but I am simply suggesting that you can use your repair kit to fix your trailer if it's upside down.
Calculations (if needed): -
Possible Outcomes: This is a small addition to the Trucker job, this will help the player who's working as a trucker to flip his trailer if it's upside down.
« Last Edit: 13 08, 2018, 07:29:40 pm by Denos »
Not only a group, but family.

Offline Combat

• The Bug Investigator
  • Honorable
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: AvidaCompany
  • Ingame: Combat
Yep, Seem this suggestion is nice and I will support this, and making civillian player's to use repair if their truck is upside down, But as you mention that about some player's ram on you, Civillian won't collide to other vehicles as just like update on this.
- All civilians and unwanted criminals (not gangsters) outside LV will not be able to collide with other vehicles. (Arran)
Producers of Outstanding Innovation ~ AvidaCompany

Offline Jaguar.

• Kai Zen
  • L3 Staff
Yep, Seem this suggestion is nice and I will support this, and making civillian player's to use repair if their truck is upside down, But as you mention that about some player's ram on you, Civillian won't collide to other vehicles as just like update on this.

I was talking about the trailer of the truck, not the truck.
« Last Edit: 10 08, 2018, 06:01:11 pm by Jaguar. »

Offline Goku Black

• The Art of Kindness
  • Outstanding Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears

Offline abdall2

• State Official
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAS
  • Ingame: abdall2
  • Squad: Cupcakes
good idea ,but when you try to use repair kit when your trailer is less than 30% it will blow up also it will cost so many repair kits to fix it, it will be good if you can fix it with the pay n spray
positive
Regular Community Member - State Official - Ex.Country Supporter

Offline Denos

• CIT's Official Cat
  • L2 Staff
  • Former Head State Official (2016-2020)
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Denos|AC
  • Squad: ClassicCarClub
We need something to upright the trailer when it happens, but this doesn't fit/make sense.

I am not here to suggest to add a command to flip it

Don't know why we can't add that, simple solution. Not like it can be abused
Former President & CEO of AvidaCompany

Offline Zvuk

• Regular Community Member
Having a command would look very weird and unrealistic but I have high doubts about it being unfeasible to make it upright after using a repair kit. If it is possible, then it should be added and I support your idea.

Just an opinion, instead of having to repair, if we move to the trailer to attach while it is upside down, it should flip itself and get attached in the correct way. This seems to be a simple fix for the problem.

Offline DexFTW

• Regular Community Member
  • RCM
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Dex
I disagree with adding  command to flip it because it's too convenient. Repair kits cost you, think of it as a consequence to not driving carefully. Upvoting.
Ex State Official

Offline HarwoodButcher

• State Official
  • Shut up, sit down, relax.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: HarwoodButcher
  • Squad: Cupcakes
I like the idea but when I was a trucker (about 2 weeks ago) and cop rammed into my trailer then it flipped after that I noticed that I couldn't use a repair kit due to the trailer has invincibility (never blows up or gets damaged). Adding a command wouldn't be too bad might seem unrealistic but like what Denos said I don't see how it would be abused. Or either make the entire trailer collusion proof for civilians only so that cops/wanted Crim's can not ram into it.
I'm going to have to agree with Denos: "I stand with Goku & Coolit. Gave years of their lives to keep CIT active and happy. Screwed over and unjustly kicked."

Offline Jaguar.

• Kai Zen
  • L3 Staff
What did you mean? We will be able to "Repair" the "Trailer"?

If your trailer is upside down you can use your repair kit to flip it.

I like the idea but when I was a trucker (about 2 weeks ago) and cop rammed into my trailer then it flipped after that I noticed that I couldn't use a repair kit due to the trailer has invincibility (never blows up or gets damaged). Adding a command wouldn't be too bad might seem unrealistic but like what Denos said I don't see how it would be abused. Or either make the entire trailer collusion proof for civilians only so that cops/wanted Crim's can not ram into it.

Yes it cannot be abused, but if I suggested to add a command then some will say that it is unrealistic or just a laziness to not redo the job again.

However, what about getting something new instead of repair kit? As there is a purpose of the usage of repair-kit which is to repair vehicles not trailers. Despite that, it doesn't mean I am not supporting your idea but I am thinking about something relevant as your truck vehicle may get damaged to 30%-40% and you have to fix it throughout repair-kits. Imagine, you need to use repair-kits for the trailer and the vehicle, itself. Therefore, my vote will remain neutral until there will be something really valid to change my vote whether to positive or negative.

What new stuff do you have in mind? Well spending your repair kits is the consequence for not driving carefully as dex said and I agree with that too.

Offline Goku Black

• The Art of Kindness
  • Outstanding Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Brian said it was someone's fault for suggesting to make the job work like that in the first place, then wanting the old system of re-attachment of trailers to be back. I doubt the command would be added due to that, this is more likely, because you have to pay for the repair kit.

Just though I would point this much out.

Offline Denos

• CIT's Official Cat
  • L2 Staff
I think they should add a ghost mode for the trailer to fix the problem not to add repair kits and such.

Causes bugs, more problems than good.

Offline Denos

• CIT's Official Cat
  • L2 Staff
Results

Positive Votes             

1. .Combat
             2. abdall2
             3. Denos
             4. Koji
             5. DexFW
             6. HardwoodButcher
             7. JameS

Negative Votes             

Invalidated Votes             

Show content
For moderators: Please put the quotes of invalidated votes inside the spoiler, then remove them from the suggestion.

@Vampire

Offline Vampire

• vompire
  • Non Administrative Staff
  • The Undeadly Thirst
  • Ingame: [CIT]Vampire
Moved from DS1CW.
"Being reminded for something you worked really hard is good to your soul, and see that you left your mark behind is good to your mind" - Vampire 2017

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.