Author Topic: Board Rules & Guideline [READ BEFORE POSTING HERE]  (Read 23289 times)

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
Board Rules & Guideline [READ BEFORE POSTING HERE]
« on: 29 04, 2014, 09:06:42 pm »
  • Make sure you have read General Rules and following them.
  • Your questions must be related to CIT.
  • Do not give answers like 'Change the topic title'
  • While making a topic, name the topic title based on what your problem is. Do not name it "Question", "Help" etc.
  • Do not post if you are unsure of the answer you are giving.
  • Do not post if somebody has already posted what you are going to post.
  • Do not give useless answers, such as; "Format your PC", "Visit MTA Official Forum", "Search on Google" etc.
  • Do not warn if one has broken a rule. Moderators are here for a reason.
  • Do not post if the topic starter has requested a lock.
  • Any attempt of farming post(s) will lead you into a forum ban.

In this thread section, you can get some support, which we may be able to help you with.

YOUR QUESTION SHOULD BE RELATED TO CIT ELSE GET WARNED FOR VIOLATING RULES #9 AND #4 OF THE FORUM.

IF YOUR GAME IS CRASHING OR ANOTHER MTA RELATED PROBLEM DO NOT POST IT HERE. USE THE OFFICIAL MTA CLIENT SUPPORT BOARD: Multi Theft Auto Official Forum

** There might not be an answer to your question since we do not know everything. **

Before posting here in this board, few tips must be followed:

Before asking something:

Browse the forum, use the search feature, be sure that your question hasn't been answered already by somebody else.
Make sure this is the right section to post it, not everything belongs to support.
If it's about mods or things like "how to make skins/how to put mods" bla bla should be asked here or simply make a topic on business board and make a request for your skin.

Topic Title:

Topic title should not be "help" "Please help me" Or "Problem" as a title. Make the title related to what you are going to ask! Otherwise, your topic will be locked and you will be warned for breaking rule #4 of the forum.

How to question:

Try to explain what you are asking and be clear on what your problem is, otherwise, we can't help you.
Make a detailed description of your problem so that other players may be able to understand it and reply with a decent answer. Also, try to provide us a video or screenshot of your problem, so we can know it.

How to answer:

Answering a question means that you're actually going to help the one asking the question. If you are on this board just to farm posts with stupid answers like "Download a game booster, this will work 100%" which is not helping at all, then please, don't bother posting here. Try to give a good answer and do not just answer with, "Like everyone said" or "I was gonna say what X already said". Answering like this will get you warned for breaking forum rule #4 and your post will be deleted. Also, don't bother whining about topics made by other players like: "Pls, I have this same problem". No one is interested if you're facing the same problem. You can wait for new answers to the question or you can make a new topic if you think your problem is different. DO NOT REPLY IF YOU ARE NOT ABOUT TO HELP THE ONE ASKING THE QUESTION. However, if it has been asked by a moderator to reply to something like this, then it may be done.
If you are here to answer other players' questions try to give a good answer and do not just answer with, "Like everyone said" or "I was gonna say what people already said". If the answer you were going to give has already been given, then do not post unless you actually have something to add to further help the person who needs it.

Basics:

At first, you should pay attention to the question itself. Think and give a proper comprehensive answer. Do not rush with this thought "I must be the first one to reply in this topic". If you have no idea about the subject in that topic, then do not try to give answers such as "Just use google". If a post has been made while you were making a reply, then you will get a notification after you've tried to click on "Post". If you get this notification, scroll down and check what's said in the reply. Always read what has been stated there and if the same thing was mentioned there, what you were about to post, then do not reply the same thing.

Trying to swell an existing answer:

Only answer the question, do not try to copy another one's answer, and then add something which has nothing to do with the question. If the question only requires a link or is just simple, one reply is enough. If the link has already been given, then do not reply there with the link and then try to swell your answer by explaining something which can be found by clicking the link.

When the one asking a question is not following the board rules:

1.If someone is asking a question and it has been answered. Then you notice the topic title says "Help me". You can see that the answer has been stated there. You know that board rules have been broken with the "Help me" title. Your job is NOT to say "You must change your topic title" or "Edit the topic title" because this will be handled by the board moderators.
2.Do not reply with 'Your question is not related to the server, go to MTA Forum / X website and get help there.' Unless you are giving a link to the problem solution (where there will be written the solution, not that he should go and seek for help there) is fine, else do not post. Violating this rule will lead to a forum warning level for breaking rule #4/#1.

Summing up the rules again:

• When starting a topic, make the title subject your current problem. It should not be 'Problem' 'Help me' else your topic will be locked and you will be warned for breaking forum rule #4.
  • Giving the same answer isn't allowed, doing so will warn you breaking forum rule #6.
  • Useless answers aren't allowed, doing so will warn you for breaking forum rule #4.
  • If your topic was locked without comment, then the correct answer is the answer that was left.
  • Answering after the starter required a lock will get you warned, depends, if the answer is useless or no.
  • Any attempt to farm post will be stopped and will get you warned or banned.
  • Answering ''Change the topic title' will get you warned for breaking forum rule #4.

Note: When your problem is solved, modify your first post and put [Solved] there so we can know if your problem is solved. Quote the post which helped you to solve your problem so we can know how it was solved.
    There has been some confusion regarding a few rules. I'll make it clear so people who bother reading these board rules would save themselves from unnecessary warnings and whatnot.

Show content

Yes, these are actual valid rules. There's no need to rush to every invalid question just to state what's wrong with it. We have several active moderators whose duty is to take care of this board, the least (and the first) thing you can do is help users with their issues. Trust me, no FMM staff would even consider accepting your CM application if everything they find from your post logs is "Not related to community, use MTA forum pls".

Help efficiently or don't help at all, post farmers catch our eye from far away and their "efforts" are not tolerated.
    This also goes to users who think they are clever by asking tons of trivial questions to increase their post count. That said, post count isn't what rewards you with a CM, post quality is.

« Last Edit: 25 07, 2021, 11:53:56 am by iFrank »
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline Assad.

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Pirus
  • Squad: Ns
Re: Board Rules & Guideline [READ BEFORE POSTING HERE]
« Reply #1 on: 02 06, 2017, 08:16:27 pm »
Standarization of board rules

#1 Make sure you have read General Rules and following them.
When posting on this board, you have to follow general rules. This board was made to support players, not to farm posts so breaking any rule will result in a punishment.
#2 Your questions must be related to CIT.
This board was made to help players who ask CIT-related questions, you can only ask things related to the server. If your question was related to MTA and you don't know where to post it, then go here and read board rules & post your question.
#3 Do not give answers like 'Change the topic title'
Is you find someone breaking the board & forum rules, then simply leave it to supporters. Only staff/supporters are allowed to manage this board. Giving this kind of answer will lead to a forum warning.
Violating this rule will result in a forum warning.
#4 While making a topic, name the topic title based on what your problem is. Do not name it "Question", "Help" etc.
When making a topic, your topic title must be related to your issue so we can understand your problem. Don't make it "Help me" or "Problem".. MUST be related to your issue for example "My group slots"...
Ignoring this rule will result in a forum warning.
#5 Do not post if you are unsure of the answer you are giving.
You are here to help people, not to increase your post count so don't answer if you're unsure of your answer. Don't be like "I should be the first one who answers" or "I need posts to apply for xCM". We are here to manage the board and any attempt of post farming might result in a warn/forum ban.
#6 Do not post if somebody has already posted what you are going to post.
If you found someone who posted the same answer as you, then avoid posting it because it'll get you warned. If you have something useful to say, post your post but if you don't have, simply don't post. Also, copying answers from links that were given on the same topic is not allowed.
#7 Do not give useless answers, such as; "Format your PC", "Visit MTA Official Forum", "Search on Google" etc.
Don't give these kinds of useless answers, you have to give a proper answer.
#8 Do not warn if one has broken a rule. Moderators are here for a reason.
Warning someone might result in punishment, only staff and supporters are allowed to warn people and they were made for a reason.
#9 Do not post if the topic starter has requested a lock.
5. Don't give an answer if the topic starter requested a lock, even if you think that your answer may help him but since he wanted the topic to be locked, that means he got what he is looking for.
#10 Any attempt of farming post(s) will lead you into a forum ban.
Posts count is enabled in this board, we daily notice players trying to increase their posts count and they mostly get warned. But keep in mind that it might result in a forum ban besides the warning.
You are here to help players only, so if you are trying to get posts, simply leave this board. Would be better.

My topic can be locked in the following cases:

- I created a topic with titles "help", "problem", Please help me" or "I need help..." . The topic will be locked with a warning issue for violating rule #4.

- I asked a question that wasn't related to CIT. The topic will be locked with warning issuance for violating rules #9 and #4 of the forum.

How to ask a question without getting any warning?

We all know that breaking this board's rules might result in a forum warning, many players breach the rules almost every day so we have to issue a warning.
Now, you can easily ask your questions without getting warned if you follow the steps below

1. Before you create a topic, make sure to browse the forum using the search feature, make sure that your question hasn't been asked or answered.
2. Take a look at this topic, make sure that your questions haven't been asked and answered there. The same goes for MTA support, make sure you don't find your answer here.
3. If your question is related to CIT, open the General Support board and create a topic. Topic title should contain your problem for example "I lose my settings whenever I reconnect".
4. Explain your situation as much as you can in detail, otherwise, we can't help you. Make a detailed description of your problem so that other players may be able to understand it and reply with a decent answer. Also, try to provide us a video or screenshot of your problem, so we can know it.

How to answer someone's question without breaking any rule?

1. Read the question carefully, understand what exactly the player was asking about.
2. Make sure that your answer hasn't been given by somebody else.
3. Answering a question means that you're actually going to help the one asking the question, so keep in mind that your answer must be helpful and try to give a proper comprehensive answer explained very well so the topic starter may understand what you're talking about.
4. Keep in mind the read this topic before posting such an answer.
5. Don't give an answer if the topic starter requested a lock, even if you think that your answer may help him but since he wanted the topic to be locked, that means he got what he is looking for.
(If you're still willing to help him, then feel free to send him a PM.)

Note:Giving wrong answers might result in a forum warning!

I can warn people for breaking rules?
No, you are not allowed to warn anyone for breaking any rule, staff and supporters are here for a reason. Doing so will result in a forum warning.

- Don't tell people to "Change the topic title".
- Don't mention a staff/supporter to move a topic.
- Don't mention a staff/supporter to lock a topic.
- Don't break rules then you say "Sorry, please delete this post". Use your brain before posting such a post.
« Last Edit: 25 07, 2021, 11:56:46 am by iFrank »
Pirus Founder
Assistant Head Criminal Boss
Former In-game Supporter
Former CIT2 Radio DJ