Author Topic: PC problems and their solution-FAQs and Questions  (Read 4093 times)

Offline Arex

• Junior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Arex
PC problems and their solution-FAQs and Questions
« on: 31 12, 2016, 03:11:50 pm »

FAQ

Boot

When do I start my laptop, it make unpleasant  noise and start vibrating:
Show content
Cause:
  • Your laptop fan may be damage
  • May be some dirt in your battery portion
Solution:
  • If your fan is damaged, you have to replace it
  • Take out your battery from your laptop>Blow some air on both battery and portion to remove air>(don't put your battery in laptop)click on turn on button for 7 times(of course your laptop won't start)>Put your battery in>Start your laptop>Press F12>And reset all boot settings to default

When do I start my PC, it says "Reboot and insert proper boot device...":
Show content
Cause:
  • Some error with system bios
  • Your hard disk may be currupt
  • Wrond selected boot mode
Soultion:
  • If your hard disk is currupted, you have to replace it
  • press f12 when you turn on your PC>goto to advance settings> (boot mode) Change UEFI to CSM

Why I can't use keyboard in my PC even my keyboard works properly in other computers:
Show content
Cause:
  • something wrong with system boot settings
Solution:
  • Press f12(when your PC starts)>goto advance settings>Look if your keyboard is disabled or not

Why I can't use my webcam even I have installed the driver:
Show content
press f12>goto adavnce>enable webcam

How to install some OS when partition style is GPT:
Show content
solution : on the section where it prevents you to install OS and says "Your partiton style is GPT", go and delete all partitions and then  create others and click next

Drivers

How can I install drivers in my PC in minimum effort:
Show content

The webcam of my laptop don't work even I have installed right driver:
Show content
Click on Start in task bar> type "Device manager" in search bar>locate "Imaginary devices", see your webcam driver is disabled or not>(if yes)Try to un-install it>Restart your PC>See if your webcam works or not(It mostly works) if not then you have to re-install webcam driver

DLL(Dynamic-link library) issues

How to install DLL file:
Show content
Visit this link to download your DLL file After downloading, extract the DLL file to C:/Windows/system32

Performance

How can I adjust my PC to show maximum performance:
Show content

How can I adjust my PC to start explorer instantly:
Show content

I have 4GB ram installed in my laptop/PC but it show low performance:
Show content
Check Your CPU meter in gadets or in task manger. See what is %age of your ram usage.Try to stop some heavy softwares.
Note:
  • Your OS may be damaged, you have to re-install it
  • Check your ram model. It may be DDR2. So, you should upgrade it to DDR3

Hardware

How can I  check Graphic card of my PC:
Show content
  • Press right click on destop>screen resolution>advance settings>check your graphic card details
or
  • Press windows+R(open "run")>type "dxdiag">display>check your graphic card details

If you know some problem and their solutions that I have not mentioned yet. Pls inform us.
Code: [Select]
[b]Problem Catagory:[/b]
[b]Problem title:[/b]
[b]Problem solution:[/b]

Questions/Help

Code: [Select]
[b]Your laptop/PC model:[/b]
[b]Your problem catagory(boot/driver/performance):[/b]
[b]Your problem:[/b]

The topic is still under construction

« Last Edit: 01 01, 2017, 04:55:22 am by Kaneki. »

Offline Pilovali

• im special
  • L4 Staff
  • IT guy
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: KLM-P|Pilovali
  • Squad: 404
Re: PC problems and their solution-FAQs and Questions
« Reply #1 on: 31 12, 2016, 03:21:23 pm »
As a guy who works with computers daily (and fixes them), this topic really makes me shiver.

- What has a BATTERY to do with a vibrating laptop? I've never had a laptop that vibrated due to a broken battery. And WHY do you need to reset the BIOS to defaults if you reinserted the battery...?
- A hard drive can't go corrupt, Windows can. If the computer doesn't wanna boot, just put a USB/DVD with Windows in the PC and boot into the recovery. High chance it'll fix automatically, else just reinstall Windows.
- UHFI doesn't exist, you probably mean UEFI.
- Your keyboard doesn't work, and you suggest them to press F12? I can't even...  :fp: besides, not all PCs are the same. When I want to enter the BIOS on my laptop, I need to press a special button on the side of my laptop.
- If your webcam isn't working, you probably installed the wrong drivers. And again: not all PCs are the same or have the same BIOS.
- Sorta right with the last 'FAQ' (the GPT thingy).

EDIT:
You seem to add a few, so:
- DriverIdentifier and DriverPack Solution are both crap and contain malware! DriverPack Solution used to be good, but it has became crap with bloat. Use http://sdi-tool.org/ instead.
- "Which OS requires minimum drivers" it all depends on the manufacturer. If I install Windows XP on my old Pentium 3 machine, I don't even need to install any drivers. But, when I want to install it on a random Pentium 4 machine, I need to install all sort of drivers. Same with Windows 7, 8(.1) and 10. Most modern PCs don't need extra drivers to be installed, but with some machines, you need to install ALL drivers. Even with Windows 10.

I appreciate the effort, but please make sure that you know what you're talking about. Some things doesn't even make any sense.
« Last Edit: 31 12, 2016, 03:24:55 pm by Pilovali »

IT guy | Introduction

Offline Arex

« Reply #2 on: 31 12, 2016, 03:26:30 pm »
As a guy who works with computers daily (and fixes them), this topic really makes me shiver.

- What has a BATTERY to do with a vibrating laptop? I've never had a laptop that vibrated due to a broken battery. And WHY do you need to reset the BIOS to defaults if you reinserted the battery...?
- A hard drive can't go corrupt, Windows can. If the computer doesn't wanna boot, just put a USB/DVD with Windows in the PC and boot into the recovery. High chance it'll fix automatically, else just reinstall Windows.
- UHFI doesn't exist, you probably mean UEFI.
- Your keyboard doesn't work, and you suggest them to press F12? I can't even...  :fp: besides, not all PCs are the same. When I want to enter the BIOS on my laptop, I need to press a special button on the side of my laptop.
- If your webcam isn't working, you probably installed the wrong drivers. And again: not all PCs are the same or have the same BIOS.
- Sorta right with the last 'FAQ'.

1) There may be some power disturbance. So, you should remove the battery and then clean it and the re-insert.
2)Something wrong with Bios or some very high malware may corrupt the hard disk
3) spelling mistake
4)This problem usually happen
5)It happend with me and others. Most PC has somehow same bios but different tags.
6)Yeah.....
I appreciate the effort, but please make sure that you know what you're talking about. Some things doesn't even make any sense.
I am aware what I am talking about. This topic is still in under construction
« Last Edit: 31 12, 2016, 03:28:52 pm by Kaneki. »

Offline Pilovali

• im special
  • L4 Staff
  • IT guy
« Reply #3 on: 31 12, 2016, 03:32:41 pm »
1) There may be some power disturbance. So, you should remove the battery and then clean it and the re-insert.
2)Something wrong with Bios or some very high malware may corrupt the hard disk
3) spelling mistake
4)This problem usually happen
5)It happend with me and others. Most PC has somehow same bios but different tags.
6)Yeah.....I am aware what I am talking about. This topic is still in under construction
1. If there is a power issue, then re-inserting the battery would usually work. It has nothing to do with a VIBRATING laptop.
2. Yea, but there is no need to replace a harddrive when Windows got corrupt due to a virus. Using a recovery disk/USB will usually solve it.
3. K, can happen.
4. Still doesn't explain how you can press F12 when the keyboard isn't working.

IT guy | Introduction

Offline Arex

« Reply #4 on: 31 12, 2016, 03:39:03 pm »
1. If there is a power issue, then re-inserting the battery would usually work. It has nothing to do with a VIBRATING laptop.
2. Yea, but there is no need to replace a harddrive when Windows got corrupt due to a virus. Using a recovery disk/USB will usually solve it.
3. K, can happen.
4. Still doesn't explain how you can press F12 when the keyboard isn't working.
1. The bad power supply tries  to prevent the laptop to start but laptop start, so it vibrates.
2: No there are some malware like time bomb, when these malware activate, these virus crush your hard drive.But if you start surfing in system bios if you don't know about bios and change some settings, it may affect on your hard.
4:In advance option in boot menu, there is keyboard option too.

Pls pm me

Offline Pilovali

• im special
  • L4 Staff
  • IT guy
« Reply #5 on: 31 12, 2016, 03:48:20 pm »
1. The bad power supply tries  to prevent the laptop to start but laptop start, so it vibrates.
2: No there are some malware like time bomb, when these malware activate, these virus crush your hard drive.But if you start surfing in system bios if you don't know about bios and change some settings, it may affect on your hard.
4:In advance option in boot menu, there is keyboard option too.

Pls pm me

1. I've never seen a laptop with a vibrator-motor in it  「(゚ペ)
2. A virus can never* physically damage a harddrive.
4. If the keyboard is not working, then how can you enter the boot menu? With the mouse?  ;D
And why do I need to PM you?  ???

* if a virus is intensively using your harddrive, it might INCREASE the chance of a physically broken harddrive

IT guy | Introduction

Offline Arex

« Reply #6 on: 31 12, 2016, 03:53:33 pm »
1. I've never seen a laptop with a vibrator-motor in it  「(゚ペ)
2. A virus can never* physically damage a harddrive.
4. If the keyboard is not working, then how can you enter the boot menu? With the mouse?  ;D
And why do I need to PM you?  ???

* if a virus is intensively using your harddrive, it might INCREASE the chance of a physically broken harddrive
1: There is not suchthing you are thinking. I mean to say that  laptop may sound too hard and unpleasant that it vibrate. You feel some kinda vibration when you touch the keyboard
2: No, it does but rearly
4:No, you can use your keyboard and mouse till your OS start. But when your OS start, keyboard don't work. System boot menu is different from OS.
5: Your objections are spamming my topic. So, if you have some objection, you can pm me

Rexion

« Reply #7 on: 04 01, 2017, 05:10:14 pm »
1: There is not suchthing you are thinking. I mean to say that  laptop may sound too hard and unpleasant that it vibrate. You feel some kinda vibration when you touch the keyboard
2: No, it does but rearly
4:No, you can use your keyboard and mouse till your OS start. But when your OS start, keyboard don't work. System boot menu is different from OS.
5: Your objections are spamming my topic. So, if you have some objection, you can pm me

If keyboard vibrates then there might be something wrong with your cooling fans. And only way to get into boot menu as far as my Brain can concern is to use Keyboard buttons not Mouse. A serious virus can damage the Hard disk drives, and may Eliminate all the files and settings.

Offline Gee

• Man of sin
  • Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Bikers
« Reply #8 on: 19 01, 2017, 07:13:12 am »
Add this to the drivers , Driver booster 3 ,It helped me much with my PC

Offline Arex

« Reply #9 on: 21 01, 2017, 05:15:45 pm »
what is software actually for?

Offline Pilovali

• im special
  • L4 Staff
  • IT guy
« Reply #10 on: 21 01, 2017, 05:34:08 pm »
what is software actually for?
It should install and/or update drivers, but those programs usually contain a shitload of virusses.

IT guy | Introduction

Rexion

« Reply #11 on: 21 01, 2017, 06:48:44 pm »

Better leave it to your mother board software which as a main software where all drivers and hardware will be updated automatically no drivers needed.