Author Topic: CIT System Requirements  (Read 46923 times)

Offline Claire

• Honorable
  • La vie est belle
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: Claire
CIT System Requirements
« on: 01 02, 2017, 05:42:17 am »
I noticed many people asking about FPS on the General Support board and most of the answers are kind of degrading to the player's experience such as playing with inconvenient 800x600x16 screen resolution or even shrinking the unpleasant GTA:SA particle models to be even more horrible. So since nobody made specifications guide, I think I should.

Bear in mind that it's very different to MTA's default system requirements because CIT is relatively more resourceful and more crowded compared to the other servers on the MTA servers browser. My approximation is based upon the CPU's single core performance; the GPU's VRAM to stream graphics and some custom assets; the monitor's native resolution; and how many concurrent players are online.

Minimum specs
• CPU: 3rd Gen Intel Core i3-3220; AMD A6 6400K; or equivalent
• GPU: Intel HD 2xxx; GeForce 9500 GT; Radeon HD 4850; or equivalent
• RAM: 3GB (4GB dual-channel if using integrated graphic)
• Screen: 1280x720
• Price range (w/o monitor and peripherals): $150-$200. Example build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KVF3QV

Recommended specs
• CPU: 4th Gen Intel Core i3-4150; 4th Gen Intel Pentium G3258; 6th Gen Intel i3-6100. Take a look here: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html. Bigger score means better
• GPU: GeForce GT 1030; Intel HD 5xx (Skylake); Radeon HD 7850; or any modern fast GPU with +1GB of VRAM
• RAM: 8GB
• Screen: 1920x1080
• Price range (w/o monitor and peripherals): $275-$400. Example build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Ty4jkT

In-game graphical Settings for "Minimum specs" computer
• Screen Res: 1280x720x32; 1366x786x32
• Visual Effects: Medium
• Draw Distance: 100%
• Far Clip: 860
• Volumetric Shadow: Off
• Anti-aliasing: 1x
• Tire smokes, etc: Off
• CIT shaders: Enabled
• CIT custom assets: Disabled

In-game graphical settings for "Recommended specs" computer
• Screen Res: 1600x900x32; 1920x1080x32
• Visual Effects: Very High
• Draw Distance: 100%
• Far Clip: 1600
• Volumetric Shadow: On
• Anti-aliasing: 3x
• Tire smokes, etc: On
• CIT shaders: Enabled
• CIT custom assets: Enabled

What does minimum specs mean?
The minimum hardware specifications to run CIT with playable FPS in an approximation of <500 concurrent online players

What does recommended specs mean?
The recommended hardware specifications to run CIT with smooth FPS in an approximation of +700 concurrent online players

What is "playable FPS"?
30-60FPS in various game modes

What is "smooth FPS"?
45-60FPS in various game modes

Is it possible to run CIT 60FPS all the time?
It's plausible. But it's going to need a powerful CPU with a great single-threading performance such as Intel Core i7-7700K/lower end Intel Core i3-7320. This is an example of a theoretical-60FPS-stable build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/c9tsFd

What if my computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements?
You'll lag and may need to lower the game settings to the level of inconvenience gameplay experience (i.e., 800x600, reducing the color mode to 16bit, no anti-aliasing). Upgrade is recommended. A $300 PC build should be enough for playable FPS.

TECHNICAL GUIDE FOR NERDS AND RELATED SPECIES

Guide: Good CPUs for CIT
Since GTA:SA & MTA is single-threaded (it can only use one of the cores at a time) then multi-threaded benchmark is rather obsolete as the performance measurement for CIT. You should take a look at the CPU's single core performance here: https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html. Based on my approximation, a +1,400 score is recommended for playable FPS & +2,000 for smooth FPS.

Guide: Good GPUs for CIT
CIT graphic quality is not very demanding. There are some custom objects/models, but still with relatively small textures. Basically any 2008/09 GPUs should be able to run it in average FPS. Although in a crowded ARs with a lot of custom objects and high anti-aliasing setting, you might need a modern GPU such as GeForce GT 1030 (priced around $65-$80) to run it smoothly.

Guide: RAM
MTA:SA does not use much memory stream by default, but CIT custom objects might be (i.e., vehmods, gunmods, /equip, /viphats, etc). Also since there many instructions being carried by the CPU during higher player count, bigger and faster memory is very advised. A DDR3-1600 RAM or better is recommended especially if you enable custom skins from /settings. Or DDR4-2133 if you're using an Integrated GPU/APU (and a system that supports it). It also depends on its CAS latency rating. More to understand RAM timings http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/understanding-ram-timings/

Guide: Why 64bit Windows?
Even if you have less than 4GB of RAM, it's wiser to install the 64bit version of Windows due to multiple cases of MTA crash with 32bit Windows.
« Last Edit: 04 06, 2017, 05:26:28 am by Claire »
Polymathic | I/O Psychologist | Techie | Painter | Writer | Bibliophile | Old Soul | #nerd

"Diversity is the one true thing we all have in common. Celebrate it every day."

Offline StickAlone

• New Community Member
  • A friendly guy.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
Re: CIT system requirements
« Reply #1 on: 01 02, 2017, 05:45:11 am »
Thanks for this Perfect Topic , Claire  :)
2012 CIT Player and Proud.

Offline iMemO

• Senior Community Member
  • Meow
  • Group: CitiZeNs
  • Ingame: iMemO
  • Squad: NeXuS Squad
« Reply #2 on: 01 02, 2017, 03:28:29 pm »
helpful about this, great job  :thumb:

Offline Claire

• Honorable
  • La vie est belle
« Reply #3 on: 01 02, 2017, 06:35:51 pm »
Added a technical guide section for nerds  (◔◡◔)
Polymathic | I/O Psychologist | Techie | Painter | Writer | Bibliophile | Old Soul | #nerd

"Diversity is the one true thing we all have in common. Celebrate it every day."

Offline StickAlone

• New Community Member
  • A friendly guy.
« Reply #4 on: 01 02, 2017, 06:36:41 pm »
Added a technical guide section for nerds  (◔◡◔)

:thumb: ,
2012 CIT Player and Proud.

Offline kfumaster

• New Community Member
  • 你好 世界 🥰
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: kfumaster
  • Squad: Nusantara
« Reply #5 on: 01 02, 2017, 09:29:07 pm »
Ouh, neat and accurate.  :thumb:

Rexion

« Reply #6 on: 02 02, 2017, 05:23:24 pm »
Well its not always you have to buy a Intel Core i3 processor to play MTA I am using Intel Pentium the latest version and my FPS is constant 60. And for RAM even 2GB can run MTA smoothly.

Offline Claire

• Honorable
  • La vie est belle
« Reply #7 on: 02 02, 2017, 07:07:59 pm »
Well its not always you have to buy a Intel Core i3 processor to play MTA I am using Intel Pentium the latest version and my FPS is constant 60. And for RAM even 2GB can run MTA smoothly.
Yea. Some newer Pentium G series are actually better than i3 in single-threading. Intel Pentium G4620 @ 3.70GHz for example is 15% better than an Intel Core i3-4150 (my recommended specs standard). So yea, you'll play CIT smoother in that. Although I doubt you'd play "smooth" with 2GB in most system; there must be some occasional freezes except if you play in a super low settings and modified GTA particles. Or if not, the player count is very low (like 200-300).

Offline Sabfas

• The Entertainer
  • Honorable
  • Luck is the planning you don't see!
  • Group: The Epsilonists
  • Ingame: Sabfas
  • Squad: ClassicCarClub
« Reply #8 on: 10 02, 2017, 06:35:36 am »
Sticking this for a while

Offline Pilovali

• im special
  • L4 Staff
  • IT guy
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: KLM-P|Pilovali
  • Squad: 404
« Reply #9 on: 15 02, 2017, 01:06:46 pm »
Awesome made, Claire!

I wanna tell something about my own experience.
My laptop has an i5-5200U (1412 points  (◔◡◔)), Intel HD5500 onboard graphics, 8 GB DDR3 RAM and 256 GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD. I have MTA on my max resolution (1366x786x32), 'high' quality settings, AA on x8 (or whatever is highest), smoke and grass particals turned off and I have road, detail and car-shader enabled via /settings. I locked my fps to max 45 fps.
I'm getting a stable 45 fps inside an interior and 25-45 fps outside. I'm getting 12-15 fps when there are a shitload of stuntplanes with smoke enabled together.

You're post is pretty accurate, as I'm getting a "playable FPS"  (◔◡◔)

IT guy | Introduction

Offline Claire

• Honorable
  • La vie est belle
« Reply #10 on: 16 02, 2017, 01:03:49 pm »
Awesome made, Claire!

I wanna tell something about my own experience.
My laptop has an i5-5200U (1412 points  (◔◡◔)), Intel HD5500 onboard graphics, 8 GB DDR3 RAM and 256 GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD. I have MTA on my max resolution (1366x786x32), 'high' quality settings, AA on x8 (or whatever is highest), smoke and grass particals turned off and I have road, detail and car-shader enabled via /settings. I locked my fps to max 45 fps.
I'm getting a stable 45 fps inside an interior and 25-45 fps outside. I'm getting 12-15 fps when there are a shitload of stuntplanes with smoke enabled together.

You're post is pretty accurate, as I'm getting a "playable FPS"  (◔◡◔)
Nice! Thanks for sharing. #sharingisexy  (◔◡◔) I've tested that an integrated GPU doesn't really work well with a DDR3 memory, though. I installed a new computer at my best friend's husband's cafe two weeks ago with an i3-6100 and 2x4GB DDR4 RAM and it ran 30-60 FPS on 1080p, full AA, highest effects, and highest draw distance. But when I switched to 2x4GB DDR3L, it went like 10-30 FPS with the same settings. Which is weird because DDR3 & 4 shouldn't differ that much. I guess it must be something about GTA engine/MTA's.

Anyway, I forgot to add recommended settings for minimum specs and recommended specs respectively. I'm gonna add that later tonight when I play. I think you should lower AA setting to 1x as it's a resourceful process, especially on an Integrated GPU.

Offline Scouter

• SAPD Leader
  • Police Chief
  • If you can not be intelligent, be a good person.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Squad: NeXuS/Prodigy
« Reply #11 on: 22 02, 2017, 03:52:57 pm »
Thank you claire , great job

Rexion

« Reply #12 on: 23 02, 2017, 07:13:56 am »
You should as well state the Intel graphics 620 card it really runs MTA like 45 FPS (The highest limit set by MTA auto). Live example is on me that last night I bought new Dell Inspiron 15 5000 7th Gen. series. Its really looks awesome to play MTA over there. :thumb:

Offline Claire

• Honorable
  • La vie est belle
« Reply #13 on: 26 02, 2017, 05:45:46 pm »
You should as well state the Intel graphics 620 card it really runs MTA like 45 FPS (The highest limit set by MTA auto). Live example is on me that last night I bought new Dell Inspiron 15 5000 7th Gen. series. Its really looks awesome to play MTA over there. :thumb:
Yea, basically an Intel HD 2500 is good enough (apart from bugged LOD draw distance) and a few "black roads" glitch. So I added that as minimum spec. Intel HD 610 is very modern indeed; it can even run GTA V with playable FPS on medium settings.

Also fixed some typos and added recommended in-game settings for respective standards.

Offline Navneet

• Senior Community Member
  • My religion is Indian
  • Group: CID
  • Ingame: Navneet
Re: CIT System Requirements
« Reply #14 on: 27 02, 2017, 07:24:09 am »
I just built my PC with i5 7600k, ddr4 16 gb ram, GTX 1080 (getting sli soon) and I have ssd too for games. I run big games like GTA 5, battlefield 1, Far Cry Primal on highest settings and highest resolution with constant 60 to xxx fps but when I play 12 years old game GTA my game crashes and lags when I use sniper do you know anything which can fix that? I will be glad if you can help
A common man with high IQ, learning skills can change the whole universe.
- live example is: Me