Author Topic: What is MTA and CIT? How to connect to CIT server? How to play? CIT gamemodes  (Read 9889 times)

Offline Clinkz

• The Bone Fletcher
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: LogiC

[INFO] What is CIT?

CIT is a community focused around the multiplayer modification Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas, an open source project which totally builds a multiplayer component into Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. MTA was ranked #1 in Mod of The Year (MOTY) 2011 and continues to get better and better every day.

Our CnR/MW/Some RP server which we and a few community members continue to actively develop since December 2010. After 6 months we became the #1 server but we still continue to get even more popular, having 200-400% more players than the servers behind us.

336,000 accounts have been registered since the 26th December 2010 when we opened. We hold a mind blowing concurrent player peak of 1300. Our players have racked up 3,595,006 hours of play time and they fire an average of 3,002,574 bullets a day.

We are a community, not a clan and CIT is short for Community, Integrity, Transparency. Those are two concepts we try hard to practice but in times of extreme frustration integrity wasn't a priority I must admit, but nonetheless better than the average server. It creates a good abbreviation for our community - CIT.

Informations gathered from here

[INFO] What is MTA?

Multi Theft Auto (MTA) is a multiplayer modification for the Microsoft Windows version of Rockstar North games Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas that adds online multiplayer functionality. For Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, the mod also serves as a derivative engine to Rockstar's interpretation of RenderWare.

Informations gathered from Multi Theft Auto - Wikipedia

[TUT] How to connect to CIT server?

Purchase GTA:SA(Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas) from Steam or gaming shops in order to run MTA:SA

Download and Install MTA:SA(Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas)
  • Download and Install MTA:SA from their Official Site
  • Launch MTA
  • Go to 'Server Browser'
  • (Way1) Select 'Internet' tab
  • (Way1) Look for a small white edit-box, by default there is 'Search for servers' written in it
  • (Way1) Write CIT2
  • (Way2) Look for a rectangular white edit-box, by default there is 'mtasa://127.0.0.1:22003' written in it
  • (Way2) Write 'mtasa://s1.cit.gg:22003' then click ENTER
  • Now wait for Server Download
  • Login GUI will appear after download has finished, click 'Register'
  • Now fill the blanks with your details, then confirm registration
  • Now you'll get back to the Login GUI, click 'Login'
  • Select a skin (You can change skins later)
  • Now you have 4 choices (Being a Police Officer / Being a Gangster (Which is hard for you as a newbie) / Being a Criminal / Being a Civilian)
« Last Edit: 03 03, 2018, 02:26:04 pm by Clinkz »

Offline Clinkz

• The Bone Fletcher

[TUT] How to play as a Police?

CIT server have 4 Law jobs, @Kaka made a tutorial for each job which is located inside LSPD and SFPD:
  • Police Officer job:
    Show content
  • Bomb Disposal job:
    Show content
  • Police Detective job:
    Show content
  • Traffic Officer job:
    Show content
Also, you have to or you can:
  • Kill/arrest any wanted criminal/gangster.
  • Go to CE(Criminal Event) and/or AR(Armed Robbery) to kill wanted criminals.
  • Kill APB!

You will be earning points for each time you do those actions in order to increase your Police Stats/Level.

Informations about Law gathered from ingame F1:
  • Police Nightstick:
    Show content
    What is a night stick?
    - It's a meele weapon for police officers that is used to arrest non-violent wanted players.

How do I use it?
    - Simply hit a wanted criminal with it three times and he will be arrested.

What do I do with the arrested criminal?
    - Take him to the nearest police department (blue siren blip).

I arrested someone, but that player disappeared, what's wrong?
    - He probably used the /surrender command, this allows him to go straight to jail without you having to deliver him.
  • Police APB:
    Show content
    What is an APB?
    - APB (All Points Bulletin) is usually placed on a high wanted and dangerous suspect which should be arrested as fast as possible.

Who can place APB?
    - Only Police Chiefs can place APBs on high wanted and dangerous suspects.
    - APB can be placed automaticly when they reach 1k wp
    How do I know if somebody placed an APB on someone?
    - You will see a message on top of your screen: "<name> posted an APB on <name> assist in arresting them!".

How do I know if there is any APB and his name / current location
    - Use /apb to know the current APB name and location
    -Also you can see the APB name "Event Times" app in CIT phone.

Who can see this message?
    - Both cops and criminals can see this message.

How do I request an APB?
    - You can use /e and ask a police chief to place an APB.

Who can't be APB? Why?
    - APB aren't placed on those who're inside an inteior (mostly CEs) because their destination is neither specified in /apb nor in F5 panel. Another reason is because every cop inside that interior gets APB arrest reward even if they are AFK or did absolutely nothing to contribute in arresting the APB.

>>The only way where a criminal can be APB inside an interior is when he enters some interior after being made an APB.<<

In this case, the Police Chiefs replace the blip on some other criminals who is in the main dimension. This practice is also followed when an APB enters LV
  • Police Officer:
    Show content
    How can I become a Police Officer?
    - To become a police officer, go to LSPD or SFPD front entrance and enter the yellow marker. You can also obtain the job at the law farm located north of the LS city.  Make sure you quit your job before entering (X > click on yourself > quit job). Having over 100.000 arrest points gives you ability to use /go police officer.

What can I do as a Police Officer?
    - You can arrest wanted criminals with your nightstick or you can kill them, this will give you money, arrests and arrest points.

How can I mark wanted players?
    - To mark wanted players you have to open your police computer (press F5) and click on "Pin all", but if you want to mark players with 1, 2, 3, etc. stars then tick the box and click on "Pin all".

Why can't I shoot wanted players sometimes?
    - It's because that player wasn't violent, so in order to arrest him you will have to use your nighstick which you automatically get after taking the police officer job. You can also use a taser (silenced pistol) to freeze the criminal for 3 seconds and you will be able to arrest him easier.

Where should I go after I arrest a criminal?
    - Once arrested, you must take them to the nearest police department and enter the jail marker (blue siren icon). Arrested players have [Arrested] text above their head.  After you deliver the wanted criminal at the police station , you will receive cash and drugs (Depends at the criminal's wanted level)

Can Police Officers recover their cars to their position?
    - Yes and you don't need VIP for this (this applies for POLICE cars only), but if you recover it while you arrested somebody you will have to wait 10 seconds before you get your car, and you can not use the cars if you're not employed as a Police Officer.

Note: Cops can also use a new MEGAPHONE feature accessed as ( /mp text) which can be used inside any police vehicle.

How can I kill arrest someone?
    - If a criminal has committed a crime of threatening officer or any violent sort of crime in the last 60 seconds you will be able to kill them and they will be arrested upon death and you will also recieve arrest points and money.

Where can I see player's wanted level, how do I know when someone's wanted?
    - You can check it in /stats, police computer, or if there's a number in square brackets at the end of their name, for example PlayerName [1] is wanted, though PlayerName isn't.

What are the police levels?
    - Those are basically skill groups. You can rank up if you have enough arrest points, level 50 requires 680,000 arrest points and it's the max. level.
  • Traffic Officer:
    Show content
    How can I become a Traffic Officer?
    - To become a traffic officer, go to LSPD or SFPD front entrance and enter the yellow marker. Make sure you quit your job before entering (X > click on yourself > quit job). This job requires 75 arrests.

What can I do as a Traffic Officer?
    - Upon taking this job, you will recieve a nightstick and camera. You can arrest players as a normal police officer,catch speeding players,stand nearby ''No entry'' signs and catch players who drive on the left side of the road and you can also deploy a spike trip.

-You will see pink C icon in your map. Go there and take the vehicle using a tow truck. Then go to truck blip in your radar to get paid by Iron.
    There are 6 abandoned vehicles around LS and 3 abandoned vehicles around SF at any time. Iron amount is between 1500 and 5000 based on the amount of Traffic Officers online.

How can I catch speeding players?
    - Just stand somewhere and "aim" at them with your camera when they are driving fast (above 110 kph). This will give you some money and the player you have caught will become wanted.

What is a spike trip and how can I deploy it?
    - It's an object that can be deployed on roads. When in contact with a wanted players' car, it will shred/destroy their tires. To deploy a spikes trip, type /stinger. It will last around 1 minute and they it will disappear, but you can deploy it again. Or once you are far away from it, it will be removed. You can only place spikes/stinger once every 2 seconds.

You get special acces once you reach 100,000 Arrests points,
    You can use /go traffic officer so as to go on duty as a traffic officer
    (+100k AP)
  • Emergency Chat:
    Show content
    What is emergency chat?
    - It's a special chat for police officers.

How do I talk in it?
    - Press T and type /e <text>.

What should I talk in it?
    - You can use this chat to call for backups, regroup officers for a training, contact a police chief, etc. Misusing this chat will result in a sack from cop job.

How can I use the Emergency chat properly?
    In short, you need to have knowledge in Law codes which can be found in F1> Law Codes.

What is sack?
    - Sack means ban from police officer job.

Who can sack me?
    Any online Police Chief will sack you if you are misusing the chat after many verbal warning.

The sack can be appealed?
    Yes, if you found that you are innocent and the sack was unfair, appeal it from here https://cit.gg/index.php?topic=185666.0
  • Police Taser:
    Show content
    What is a Taser?
    - It's a modded silenced pistol which you can use to decrease/limit the speed of the wanted players. (Simply, prevents them from sprinting using SPACE)
    How do I decrease the speed of wanted players?
    - Just shoot them with your taser and their speed will be limited for 3 seconds.

How do I freeze wanted players?
    - Just shoot them with your taser and they will be frozen for 3 seconds.

How do I get one?
    - Go to ammu-nation or press F7 (trading market) and buy one there.

Can I kill criminals after I freeze them?
    - No, you can't do this anymore.

What does this give me?
    - It just gives you an opportunity to easily arrest wanted criminals that haven't committed a crime of threatening officer recently.

What about freezing wanted criminals cars ?
    - This feature is only for L9 offical law groups, It allows them to freeze cars of wanted crims with 3 stars or above for 5
  • Police Detective:
    Show content
    Who is Police Detective?
    - Police detective is a police officer with some special tasks and levels.

What should I do as a Police Detective?
    - Police detectives have the same abilities as a police officer, however they can investigate murders.

How can I become one?
    - To become a police detective, go to LSPD or SFPD front entrance and enter the yellow marker. Make sure you quit your job before entering (X > click on yourself > quit job). Having over 100,000 Arrests Points gives you ablility to do /go police detective only if there is no wanted player near by

How can I investigate murders?
    - After somebody gets killed, a blue skull blip will appear on your radar and on your map (F11). Go there and stand near the dead body, then proceed to find clues in the area, must photograph evidence before collecting it.

How can I find clues?
    - After you arrive, look for GTA items on the ground. Those items can be: food, wheels, random junk, etc.

What are the police detective levels and how much money can I earn?
    - There are 5 payment levels for police Detective:
    L1 - 100 cases Solved ($8,500)
    L2 - 200 cases solved ($9,000)
    L3 - 400 cases solved ($11,000)
    L4 - 800 cases solved ($13,000)
    L5 - 2000 cases solved ($15,000)

How much Arrest Points will I get according to my level

- You will get 25-85 Arrest points according to your level (see below)

L0 Police detectives: 25 Arrest points each murder
    L1 Police detectives: 35 Arrest points each murder
    L2 Police detectives: 45 Arrest points each murder
    L3 Police detectives: 65 Arrest points each murder
    L4 Police detectives: 75 Arrest points each murder
    L5 Police detectives: 85 Arrest points each murder

[TUT] How to play/work as a Civilian?

@Spirit. made tutorials topic about every job.

Each job has it's own levels, max level is 10.

Feel free to reply in case of changes
« Last Edit: 27 02, 2018, 04:36:58 pm by Clinkz »

Offline Clinkz

• The Bone Fletcher

[TUT] How to play as a Criminal?

As a Criminal, you have to / can:
  • Go to CE(Criminal Events) and/or AR(Armed Robbery)
  • Kill cops!
  • Join events hosted in Criminal villa
  • Rob ATMs
  • Rob houses
  • Play Hijack/Illegal Trcuking/Van Heist missions

Use '/criminal' in order to be a Criminal!

@Phoenix made a tutorial about CE(Criminal Events)

Informations about Criminals gathered from ingame F1:
  • ATM Robbery:
    Show content
    How can I find an ATM?
    - Use the command /batm which will blip all the ATMs with a blue blip on your map (F11)

How do I hack an ATM?
    - Approach one in LS and press "N", you must be a criminal to do this.

What should I do after I press 'N'?
    - You will first have to select a level of your desire, the higher you drag the bar, the higher the number range gets, as well as the reward for cracking the code.

I see a keypad, what should I do now?
    - You have to enter a value (for example 1231), if the entered value is incorrect, the keypad will inform you that the correct value is either higher or lower than that entered value. When you enter the correct value, you will be paid and get wanted as well. If you got bored from failing continuously, you can click on "Give Up".

Why can't I hack an ATM again?
    - After you hack an ATM, you will get a cooldown waiting time which varies from level to level. The higher the ATM rob level was, the more you have to wait to hack again.

Do I get wanted level while hacking it?
    - You do, so be careful since cops can shoot and kill you, which will then result in a failure.
  • Illegal Trucking:
    Show content
    What is illegal trucking?
    - It's a criminal mission where you have to deliver some illegal stuff in order to recieve money.

How do I start?
    - To start you need to be criminal and you need to buy a DFT-900, Linerunner or Roadtrain. After that, enter any of those and press 'N' to start.

What is this window when I press 'N'?
    - It's a window where you can select which mission you'd like to do. There are three missions, the third one gives you the most money, but it also gives you 3 stars.

What should I do after that?
    - You should drive your truck to the grey truck/van blip in order to recieve your payment.

Do I get wanted when I do this?
    - You do get wanted, so be sure to avoid law enforcement on the way because they can arrest you.
  • Hijack Mission:
    Show content
    What is Hijack?
    - It's a vehicle that spawns every so often in LS and around LS.

How can I do this mission?
    - Be an gangster (type /criminal gangster to be) check the map for  a CJ blip and go to the vehicle, enter it and deliver it to the truck blip.

Where is hijack vehicle?
    - Hijack vehicle is marked with a "CJ" icon on the radar/map.

How do I deliver it?
    - After you enter it you will see a van blip on your map, go there.

Can other Gangsters take the hijack from me?
    - Yes they can, if you don't drive fast enough, they'll throw you out and take the vehicle.

How much money do I earn if I successfully deliver it?
    - This depends on how many Criminal Gangsters are online. It normally gives over $50.000
  • House Robbery:
    Show content
    How do I rob a house?
    - To rob a house, simply walk up to a house icon and press 'N' instead of pressing 'Z'.

What should I do after I press 'N'?
    - You will be warped to the interior, where you have to pickup an item in order to steal it.

How do I pick up an item?
    - Calmly move holding ALT button till you reach any electronic device as (Television, Recorder..etc), there will be a black-colored marker infront of it.

What should I do next?
    - Exit the house and carry the stolen items to a buver indicated by a grey truck blip.

Can I get wanted by doing this?
    - Yes, you can get wanted if you make too much noise while robbing a house.

Can I drop an item?
    - You can, use /dropitem to drop it.

What is the reward?
    -There are 2 different rewards
    1. $3000-$5000 Cash +50  Reputation
    2. 40-60 drugs + 50 Reputation
  • Van Heist:
    Show content
    Van heist always spawns in North East Los Santos and bliped as white and black flag , both criminals and law enforcement can do this mission, if nobody is driving the Securicar then get in it and drive it to the blip on map at Emmet's garage if a cop is driving it then you'll need to kill the cop before you can drive it. That van spawns once in 30 minutes. Check B-> Event Times to see when will Van heist spawn.

Note: Blocking or trolling the van is a punishable act.

[TUT] How to play as a Gangster?

As a Gangster you have to / can:
  • Be skilled killer, have good aiming skills (Being Exploiter may get you in troubles)
  • Delivering BC(Briefcase) to a specific point
  • Turf with your group/gang

@Phoenix made a tutorial about Group System

Informations about Gangsters gathered from ingame F1:
  • Turfing:
    Show content
    What is turfing?
    - Turfing is capturing and controlling the gang territories in LV and LS. You can kill anybody and you won't get wanted from doing that. Also, cops can turf as well.

How do I turf?
    - To start turfing you must be in a group. Enter a turf as a gangster and stay in it. After that your group name will appear in the bottom right corner.

How do I take a turf?
    - To take a turf you must stay in it until it exceeds 50%. After that the turf will be yours and the enemy group name will disappear.

Do I have to stay in it until it reaches 100%?
    - No, you can stay in it until it reaches 90%, if it's above 90% and there's someone in that turf, you'll start losing it, so make sure it's above 90%.

What if someone attacks my turf?
    - You'll basically have to defend it. To do this, go back to that turf and kill all the enemies, after that just re-claim it and it will be yours again.

How do I know if my turf is under attack?
    - The turf color will start flashing and you'll get a msg in the top of the screen, so keep an eye on your map.

What if I die while turfing?
    - If you die you will respawn at your closest turf, if your group has no turfs or if it's under attack then you'll respawn at the hospital/next closest turf.

What do I get by turfing?
    - Your turfing stats will increase and you will get some money and sometimes drugs. The amount of money you will get depends on the amount of members online. Also you can get oil from oil turfs, you'll get 540-590 oil per group member and per taken turf.

How many turfs are there in LV?
    - There are 60 land turfs, 5 Oil turfs and 13 sea turfs, means a total of 78 turfs in LV.

Keywords: How to get oil, how to find oil, buy oil, oil turf.
    Modify message
  • Briefcase:
    Show content
    What is a Briefcase? (LS)
    - A briefcase is an item which appears in LS. It's a brown case with a Scissors blip in the map, you can only take it as  Gangster.

What should I do with it if I pick it up?
    - If you pick up a briefcase your job is to deliver it to the van blip. Other criminals will want it too, so they're able to kill you and take it from you.

Can I defend myself while holding it?
    - Yes, you can shoot your enemies, but this will only put you in a bad position, the best method do deliver it is to run and avoid getting shot.

Can I enter any vehicles while holding it?
    - No, you can't enter any vehicles and you can't glue on them either.

How much money do I get if I successfully deliver it? (LV)
    - You get money depending on the amount of people online in LV

How much money do I get if I successfully deliver it? (LS)
    - You get $25.000 and 50 Wanted Points for each briefcase delivered

What is a super briefcase?
    - It's a briefcase that randomly appears in LV/LS, just like the normal one, but this one gives you $100.000 in LS if you successfully deliver it. In LV it gives you %500 More money than normal Briefcase

How do I drop the briefcase if I don't want it anymore?
    Use the command: /dropitem

Feel free to reply in case of changes
« Last Edit: 27 02, 2018, 04:36:16 pm by Clinkz »

Offline Matt.

• Junior Community Member
  • Am I talking to me? :O
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: The Institute
  • Ingame: Ti|Matt'nXs
  • Squad: NeXuS Squad
update those CrimEvents to Heists lol

Offline TheHacker

• New Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Outlaws MC
  • Ingame: 1337
  • Squad: Vainglory
@Clinkz Can you add about Rebel side and Military side as well, please? Thanks in advance.
im going to get TheGaymer kicked too
sooo dont worry

Offline Clinkz

• The Bone Fletcher
Since this requires a lot of changes, I'm locking it cause I don't have time for now, will unlock it after I get done with it.