Author Topic: [IMPLEMENTED] Races should be done in another dimension  (Read 3567 times)

Offline noD3

• Senior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: 1337
[IMPLEMENTED] Races should be done in another dimension
« on: 10 06, 2019, 03:58:39 pm »
Sunday 11th November 2018
Moved races in '/race' to the main dimension. (Arran)

I would like to propose to bring races back to the another dimension as they should not be done in main dimensions for pretty simple, yet clear and logical reasons

• A ) Races can happen in LS, which is no secret, is known for big fps issues, imagine racing near a riot, players with better computers would have unfair advantage over those with weaker computers.

• B ) There are some objects/things mapped which can obstruct you in a race and prevent you from achieving a best time set in that race, when the time was already set in another dimension, and not the main one.

• C ) Sometimes on random occasions you are getting collisions with other players who are just running around, which is very annoying, imagine you are going first and there's someone running in the round who has a collision with you, and this makes you lose race because of it.

Here is video evidence to prove my statement :

As for now, I couldn't think of any statements why races should remain in main dimension, which is very annoying for players, and creates a discomfort for those who just want to chill and race without ant obstructions and random collisions.
« Last Edit: 17 06, 2019, 05:44:01 pm by Arran »

Offline OhhKarim

• Players of the Gold
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: Team eXodus #1
  • Ingame: OhhKarim
  • Squad: NoAP4U
Re: [PROPOSAL] Races should be done in another dimension
« Reply #1 on: 11 06, 2019, 11:26:51 am »
Afaik, this update has been implemented and removed before. Since I don't play races, can you make an ingame teamvote and show me the thoughts of some players? Because I do understand that obstacles may be annoying, but that also makes it realistic, like real-life street races. I thought LS players liked RP stuff. Will state my vote after knowing what the community prefers more.
This is what happens when I dont delete your "usual" quotes. Just check topic and notice how it has full of negativity, hate and toxic posts (except some funny ones. Respect to you). You only spreat anger against PAM and Staff team. I feel so sorry that you've failed in life.

Offline noD3

Re: [PROPOSAL] Races should be done in another dimension
« Reply #2 on: 12 06, 2019, 12:25:59 pm »
Because I do understand that obstacles may be annoying, but that also makes it realistic, like real-life street races.
Obstacles aren't mean to be there for racers, but on random occasions this glitch occurs when you crash into someone, imagine a situation : You race, you are first and you go through people in a ghost mode who are standing in the middle on the road, near the finish you crash into someone and lose the race, that's not really good right.

I thought LS players liked RP stuff.
There is no such thing as LS Players.

In the previous month councillor Malone proposed the same and Arran replied that the FPS argument is valid but all racers are effected and that FPS thing hopefully will get fixed soon, but the thing is, it's kinda unfair now when the FPS issue is still here, as that does not affect me but I can see some players whom I pass that are effected by a decrease of FPS, which makes races kinda unfair as of now for players with better FPS.

The reason why it should be done in another dimension is because the fps issue is still here, and that could be reverted if it gets fixed, so all the racers are equal in the race for now.

There are other ways how to increase racers popularity without decreasing someones chance in winning a race.

Offline noD3

Re: [VOTE] Races should be done in another dimension
« Reply #3 on: 13 06, 2019, 08:32:03 pm »
Would like to change the proposal into a vote , councillors please be kind enough to vote.

Proposal :
Show content
Sunday 11th November 2018
I would like to propose to bring races back to the another dimension as they should not be done in main dimensions for pretty simple, yet clear and logical reasons

• A ) Races can happen in LS, which is no secret, is known for big fps issues, imagine racing near a riot, players with better computers would have unfair advantage over those with weaker computers.

• B ) There are some objects/things mapped which can obstruct you in a race and prevent you from achieving a best time set in that race, when the time was already set in another dimension, and not the main one.

• C ) Sometimes on random occasions you are getting collisions with other players who are just running around, which is very annoying, imagine you are going first and there's someone running in the round who has a collision with you, and this makes you lose race because of it.

Here is video evidence to prove my statement :

As for now, I couldn't think of any statements why races should remain in main dimension, which is very annoying for players, and creates a discomfort for those who just want to chill and race without ant obstructions and random collisions.

Offline WillyPoo

• Group: TSF
  • Ingame: WillyPoo
« Reply #4 on: 14 06, 2019, 10:27:27 pm »
 :cros:

The races used to be in another dimension, but they changed it because the current races feel more lively and the random obstructions in the road make it more challenging and harder to race against people who know how to drive much better. As for the FPS drops, I don't think 4-5 cars that pass through for a single minute would change much.
WillyPoo has been a legendary member of this community.

I feel like I've earned my place in TSF now.

Offline Redfire

• Prometheus
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: SAPD
  • Ingame: Redfire
« Reply #5 on: 14 06, 2019, 10:43:45 pm »
 :tick:

Question was "should races remain in the main dimension?".

Voting over! Yes: 2 (18%) No: 9 (81%) Maybe: 0 (0%)

Due to the fact that far the majority of the players want to move it to another dimension for itself, I am supporting this.
« Last Edit: 15 06, 2019, 11:22:01 pm by Redfire »
"A day will come when you think you are safe and happy, and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid."

"I played soldier, you played king. And struck me down, when I kissed that ring. You lost that right, to hold that crown. I built you up, but you let me down. So when you fall, I'll take my turn. And fan the flames, as your blazes burn."

Offline noD3

« Reply #6 on: 14 06, 2019, 11:00:09 pm »
@Redfire @WillyPoo Obstructions do not change not depending in what dimension the race is , but in main dimension there's a random bug when sometimes you are getting into a collision with random players.

Now please explain me, how race in main dimension is more challenging and has more obstructions?

Offline Redfire

• Prometheus
« Reply #7 on: 14 06, 2019, 11:06:52 pm »
Aren't you able to ram other vehicles? Like a truck driving through the city of LS to deliver something, a police car responding to a call or a taxi busy driving the passenger to a specific location?
"A day will come when you think you are safe and happy, and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid."

"I played soldier, you played king. And struck me down, when I kissed that ring. You lost that right, to hold that crown. I built you up, but you let me down. So when you fall, I'll take my turn. And fan the flames, as your blazes burn."

Offline They SeeMi Rollin'

• New Community Member
  • Gift from the Moon
  • Group: Bikers
  • Ingame: SeeMi
  • Squad: Wrath
« Reply #8 on: 14 06, 2019, 11:10:52 pm »
Being honest all three points stated are true if you experience LV tracks Collission issue mostly happens there. Problem with fps is so true,0o while warping to race and at some crowded area (Market, ARs or Riot etc). Mostly players demands for having races in another dimension so we should care about it too.
expect the unexpected

Offline noD3

« Reply #9 on: 14 06, 2019, 11:12:15 pm »
Aren't you able to ram other vehicles? Like a truck driving through the city of LS to deliver something, a police car responding to a call or a taxi busy driving the passenger to a specific location?
No you are in a ghost mode when you are racing.

Offline Redfire

• Prometheus
« Reply #10 on: 14 06, 2019, 11:27:11 pm »
The race system should be changed with the following implemenations:

- Removal of the /race panel so that you actually drive to the race locations yourself
- Being able to use your own vehicle. Let it be the greatly tuned Banshee which costed your millions or one of your classic cars with an unique shader.
- Complete removal of the ghost mode to bring on some challenges, like the ones I mentioned above.

Offline noD3

« Reply #11 on: 15 06, 2019, 08:23:38 pm »
The race system should be changed with the following implemenations:

- Removal of the /race panel so that you actually drive to the race locations yourself
- Being able to use your own vehicle. Let it be the greatly tuned Banshee which costed your millions or one of your classic cars with an unique shader.
- Complete removal of the ghost mode to bring on some challenges, like the ones I mentioned above.
So you are basically proposing a thing which we had before and was changed because it was unused and inactive?

I have made a team votes in-game and here what I have received :

Criminal team :
Do you want races to be in other dimension instead of main dimension?
Voting over! Yes: 11 (64%) No: 4 (23%) Maybe: 2 (11%)

Law team :
Voting over! Yes: 5 (100%) No: 0 (0%) Maybe: 0 (0%)

Civilian team :
Voting over! Yes: 20 (80%) No: 3 (12%) Maybe: 2 (8%)

As not that many people have voted, yet majority still agrees that races should be in a special/other dimension rather than in the main one.

Councillors please be kind enough to state your votes.

@RaMoS @Shogun @OhhKarim @CooLDuDe @OhhKarim @Nightwolf @ProofGang  @Ariana  @TheHacker

Offline OhhKarim

• Players of the Gold
  • Group: Team eXodus #1
  • Ingame: OhhKarim
  • Squad: NoAP4U
« Reply #12 on: 15 06, 2019, 08:29:29 pm »

Since I do not play races, I will state my vote based on the community votes that nod3 has listed which mainly showed positive votes so therefore I'll vote positively as well.
This is what happens when I dont delete your "usual" quotes. Just check topic and notice how it has full of negativity, hate and toxic posts (except some funny ones. Respect to you). You only spreat anger against PAM and Staff team. I feel so sorry that you've failed in life.

Offline Shogun

• The Shogunate
  • Outstanding Community Member
  • Group: Bikers MC
« Reply #13 on: 15 06, 2019, 08:30:08 pm »

Players agreed to make it in main dimension again because it's more realistic and challenging. Changing it to another dimension would be more like racing in a zombie land.
Ex. L3 Staff, HCB and CEM.
Bikers forever, forever Bikers.
Thank you for the good times y'all.

Offline noD3

« Reply #14 on: 15 06, 2019, 08:32:45 pm »

Players agreed to make it in main dimension again because it's more realistic and challenging. Changing it to another dimension would be more like racing in a zombie land.

@Shogun Players did not agree on moving it to main dimension and it was done solely by the developer, and as you can see in the data i've brought players actually want to see it back.

Changing it to another dimension would be players racing equally without those who have a better FPS having more advantage.