Ingame Community > News and Updates

[IMPLEMENTED] Races should be done in another dimension

(1/5) > >>

noD3:
Sunday 11th November 2018

--- Quote --- Moved races in '/race' to the main dimension. (Arran)
--- End quote ---

I would like to propose to bring races back to the another dimension as they should not be done in main dimensions for pretty simple, yet clear and logical reasons

* A ) Races can happen in LS, which is no secret, is known for big fps issues, imagine racing near a riot, players with better computers would have unfair advantage over those with weaker computers.

* B ) There are some objects/things mapped which can obstruct you in a race and prevent you from achieving a best time set in that race, when the time was already set in another dimension, and not the main one.

* C ) Sometimes on random occasions you are getting collisions with other players who are just running around, which is very annoying, imagine you are going first and there's someone running in the round who has a collision with you, and this makes you lose race because of it.

Here is video evidence to prove my statement :

As for now, I couldn't think of any statements why races should remain in main dimension, which is very annoying for players, and creates a discomfort for those who just want to chill and race without ant obstructions and random collisions.

OhhKarim:
Afaik, this update has been implemented and removed before. Since I don't play races, can you make an ingame teamvote and show me the thoughts of some players? Because I do understand that obstacles may be annoying, but that also makes it realistic, like real-life street races. I thought LS players liked RP stuff. Will state my vote after knowing what the community prefers more.

noD3:

--- Quote from: OhhKarim on 11 06, 2019, 11:26:51 am --- Because I do understand that obstacles may be annoying, but that also makes it realistic, like real-life street races.

--- End quote ---
Obstacles aren't mean to be there for racers, but on random occasions this glitch occurs when you crash into someone, imagine a situation : You race, you are first and you go through people in a ghost mode who are standing in the middle on the road, near the finish you crash into someone and lose the race, that's not really good right.

--- Quote from: OhhKarim on 11 06, 2019, 11:26:51 am ---I thought LS players liked RP stuff.

--- End quote ---
There is no such thing as LS Players.

In the previous month councillor Malone proposed the same and Arran replied that the FPS argument is valid but all racers are effected and that FPS thing hopefully will get fixed soon, but the thing is, it's kinda unfair now when the FPS issue is still here, as that does not affect me but I can see some players whom I pass that are effected by a decrease of FPS, which makes races kinda unfair as of now for players with better FPS.

The reason why it should be done in another dimension is because the fps issue is still here, and that could be reverted if it gets fixed, so all the racers are equal in the race for now.

There are other ways how to increase racers popularity without decreasing someones chance in winning a race.

noD3:
Would like to change the proposal into a vote , councillors please be kind enough to vote.

Proposal :
Show content
--- Quote from: noD3 on 10 06, 2019, 03:58:39 pm ---Sunday 11th November 2018
I would like to propose to bring races back to the another dimension as they should not be done in main dimensions for pretty simple, yet clear and logical reasons

* A ) Races can happen in LS, which is no secret, is known for big fps issues, imagine racing near a riot, players with better computers would have unfair advantage over those with weaker computers.

* B ) There are some objects/things mapped which can obstruct you in a race and prevent you from achieving a best time set in that race, when the time was already set in another dimension, and not the main one.

* C ) Sometimes on random occasions you are getting collisions with other players who are just running around, which is very annoying, imagine you are going first and there's someone running in the round who has a collision with you, and this makes you lose race because of it.

Here is video evidence to prove my statement :

As for now, I couldn't think of any statements why races should remain in main dimension, which is very annoying for players, and creates a discomfort for those who just want to chill and race without ant obstructions and random collisions.

--- End quote ---

WillyPoo:
 :cros:

The races used to be in another dimension, but they changed it because the current races feel more lively and the random obstructions in the road make it more challenging and harder to race against people who know how to drive much better. As for the FPS drops, I don't think 4-5 cars that pass through for a single minute would change much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version