Author Topic: Job: Bomb Disposal  (Read 2208 times)

Offline everything.

YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: KLM
  • Ingame: everything.
Job: Bomb Disposal
« on: 26 04, 2018, 09:49:21 am »

-Before we get started, there is a previous guide on this job, but it's contains outdated information and it's about 6 months old, so I thought about remaking it entirely. I'm using a new format, but the idea was influenced by the topic creator and his original guide.-

Guide: Bomb Disposal Job

What is Bomb Disposal?

..You don't know? It's defusing bombs! But seriously, as a Bomb Disposal, you are tasked with defusing bombs in the dangerous city of Los Santos while everyone is out to kill you, and well.. each other. These bombs can look like various objects including barrels, dynamite, a rocket, an atomic bomb and so forth. Their icon on the mini-map (and F11 map) is a small light-blue skull. When you drive near them, you get to play a little mind-numbing minigame that may frustrate you at first, when you succeed you get explosives.

Bomb Disposal Information Center

Where do I go to pick this job?

To get this Job, you must navigate to the LS Police Department in Pershing Square. Head straight, take the first left, and go approach the NPC in the GTA V style armor. He wants LSD but ignore him. Click Have Job. As of the update on 1/18/2018, there is no longer a requirement of needing 500 arrests.

Job Location(s)

LS Police Department
Show content

LSPD Interior
Show content

How do I play this job?

When you employ yourself as Bomb Disposal, walk outside - within a few moments, you will see this message appear at the top of your screen (if it doesn't just wait). On your mini-map, you will find this blip, drive to it. Oh wait, you need a vehicle! You can use any vehicle to get to it, but I advise you use a few select - but we'll get into that later. When you approach the bomb (ignore the guy with the gun), you'll be greeted with this mini-game. As you can see, it has basic instructions; but let me explain. You need to connect the dots, red with red, blue with blue, and so on. Clicking once on the black background will form a vertical line, clicking twice is a horizontal line, however, if they're not straight like the second screenshot, you will need to click multiple times to form a joint, you'll figure it out. Defuse the bomb and get explosives.

Video
Show content

What if I can't defuse it? What happens?

Well, then you're fired from the job. Just kidding, it bursts like a balloon and a bunch of confetti goes everywhere! But seriously.. it explodes, and has a large blast radius. What were you expecting?

Got any tips for playing this job?

I most definitely do, it's not a carefree job and it has its risks. When you're employed as Bomb Disposal, you're considered Law Enforcement, which means criminals and gangsters can shoot you. I mean, you can shoot back but you want to avoid any player-interaction. I got you. Type /equip, and get yourself the Knife. You will not be visible on the radar, but that's not all! You can go further, you can use a vehicle to hide your blip, it's called the Undercover Police, yeah, it's not called a car, just Undercover Police, but you're not forced to use just that, anyway, go to the LSPD Garage, and press Z to buy a vehicle from the blue blip.

Vehicle Locations

LSPD Garage
Show content

Vehicle Options (a few examples)

Undercover Police (Max Speed 245 KM/H)
Strengths: Hide your blip while driving, good for stealth | Weaknesses: Terrible handling | Cost is $5,000

HPV-1000 (Max Speed 270 KM/H)
Strengths: When tuned, fast as sonic, bikes can be more convenient, fit in tight spots | Weaknesses: Prone to flying off, no stealth | Cost is $5,000

Any Patrol Car (Max Speed 280 KM/H)
Strengths: Fast, easy to use | Weaknesses: No stealth | Cost is $5,000

Note: You can use any vehicle, but be aware that repairs aren't covered by the PD if your vehicle wasn't bought there

Is that all I can do?

I'd say so, but there's one last thing you can do when you're employed as Bomb Disposal. As with all Law Enforcement classes, you can do missions from police NPCs, they vary from killing some dude robbing an ATM while standing it, rolling up to a gang of idle gangsters, accepting a mission from a male SWAT skin asking you to "kill" her husband, popping two drug dealers, or what my main point is, can you defuse a bomb for extra explosives? Stop by the PD or any other place with Law NPCs. They look like this, press X, click on them, you'll see this, accept it and press N, and drive to the destination, kill the baddies, walk up to the bomb, it's automatically defused after a quick animation, you get some explosives.

Law NPC Locations

LS Police Department
Show content
Show content
Show content

Outside SAPD HQ
Show content

Downtown LS, behind building
Show content

Video
Show content

When and how much do I get paid?

Every time you defuse a bomb, you get explosives. The amount is based on your level. As of two weeks ago, the amount of explosives has been greatly reduced.

Bomb Disposal Ranks and Pay (Note: these are WITH VIP Hours)

L1 - 0 Bombs Defused - 18 Explosives
L2 - 20 Bombs Defused - 22 Explosives
L3 - 80 Bombs Defused - 25 Explosives
L4 - 160 Bombs Defused - 32 Explosives
L5 - 250 Bombs Defused - 37 Explosives
L6 - 350 Bombs Defused - 42 Explosives
L7 - 450 Bombs Defused -  47 Explosives
L8 - 550 Bombs Defused - 52 Explosives
L9 - 650 Bombs Defused - 57 Explosives
L10 - 750 Bombs Defused - 62 Explosives

For Levels 7-10, I estimated, anyone who can confirm please correct me if it's wrong.

That'll be all for now, please excuse the paint-made intro image. If anyone can make a better one, I'm offering $500,000 in-game money, totally optional, I just like good stuff and I can't make good stuff myself. I haven't 300% proof-read it but if you find any errors or I missed something, lemme know yeah.
« Last Edit: 26 04, 2018, 10:00:43 am by everything. »