Author Topic: Slaps, Freezes, Kicks Gets removed after 1 month .  (Read 2954 times)

Offline HaniFarps

• Senior Community Member
  • The First Syrian Player in CIT
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: HaniFarps
Slaps, Freezes, Kicks Gets removed after 1 month .
« on: 06 03, 2014, 01:50:58 pm »
Hello Community

As you all know that groups don't count Slaps, Freezes, Kicks in the punishlog , so why having them in the punishlog if it is useless ?
as far as I know these punishments get added to our punishlog so we can report if a staff abused them , but it still effect on our punishlog size in total .

But what's the point of having these punishments in our punishlog if it is like 1 year old ? it's impossible to report a staff that abused a "slap" or something like 1 year ago , so it's just making the punishlog more crowded and big .

The Suggestion :
What I am suggesting is that these punishments (Slaps,Freezes,Kicks) Get removed from the punishlog automatically after 1 month or half a month of getting them as they are completely useless and just making the punishlog size bigger as I said above , I have like 11 Lines of these punishments (Slaps,Freezes,Kicks) and they're making the Punishlog more crowded .

and there's no reason to not add this as it's not harmless or can get "abused"

Show content
i searched for a suggestion like this but I found that it was not suggested before .

Regards
HaniFarps
SWATTeam member since 1 / 2 / 2014
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!

Offline VazZ

• The Outrageous
  • Honorable
  • Group: ILC
  • Ingame: GOVH-Vazz|ILC|
Re: Slaps, Freezes, Kicks Gets removed after 1 month .
« Reply #1 on: 06 03, 2014, 05:18:17 pm »
What about making it so freezes kicks & slaps will not be added to the punish log anymore?

When someone gets kicked multiple times for being bugged or something and abusing it, it's pretty much a very minor punishment, hence why it was added to the punishlog in the first place. That's my opinion at least.
Industry and Landwork Company

since 28.10.2013

“In view of the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that he did not also limit his stupidity.”
- Konrad Adenauer

Are you group leader or founder? Rent GMP now

Offline HaniFarps

« Reply #2 on: 06 03, 2014, 10:28:57 pm »
What about making it so freezes kicks & slaps will not be added to the punish log anymore?
Well it never happend before but I guess they get added to the punishlog to prevent admins abuse , for example if you'll report a staff for abusing slaps how you'll proof it ? I guess that's the reason that it gets added .
When someone gets kicked multiple times for being bugged or something and abusing it, it's pretty much a very minor punishment, hence why it was added to the punishlog in the first place. That's my opinion at least.
Same thing to the kicks as staffs may abuse it (never happend) but it's added to the punishlog for that reason AFAIK
No, we need to keep them logged, the dates of when we did that may be vital for us in many cases.
But for example if I got a slap like 6 months ago , in which case you will ever need to get that log for ? or maybe there should be other logs added such as :
[Date] [CIT]Admin has slapped RandomPlayer Punishment have been removed

so like that you'll know that there was a slap that time without making the players punishlogs crowded and big OR at the first place they should not appear on the punishlog BUT they can be saved in the admins log that only staffs can see , in that case you'll be able to check them whenever you want just like those :
Show content
BAN: [SERIAL DELETED] removed (ban has expired)

they appear in admin logs but NOT in the player punishlog cause the players don't even need to see them and it will just make the punishlog crowded .
And as you said, freeze and other minor punishments doesn't count in many applications, so don't need to remove them.
But for example I have like 11 lines of these punishments that doesn't count , why doesn't it just get saved at admin logs and just add extra completely useless lines to the players punishlogs , it's just making it look bigger and more crowded .

Regards
HaniFarps

OnEaToNcE

« Reply #3 on: 07 03, 2014, 02:47:45 pm »
What if VehiclePunch(es) gets removed after 3-4 months?

Offline Aayush

• Junior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: HoBoS
  • Ingame: AAYUSH
  • Squad: xvtt/ES
« Reply #4 on: 07 03, 2014, 04:58:32 pm »
Well , what if slaps, freezes, kicks doesn't show in punishlog to players but they exist in case a staff needs it in future . I mean why not disable being able to see slaps, free... and kicks in punishlogs for players.

• Thanks for giving me 1000+ "thank you's" people •
IRC Guide
Ex. HoBoS/xvtt Leader & Honorable member

xb0xkilla162

« Reply #5 on: 07 03, 2014, 05:34:53 pm »
A better question is: Why do you even give a crap if these things are in your log?

Offline VazZ

• The Outrageous
  • Honorable
  • Group: ILC
  • Ingame: GOVH-Vazz|ILC|
« Reply #6 on: 07 03, 2014, 06:06:25 pm »
A better question is: Why do you even give a crap if these things are in your log?

I have none of these in my log but talking from the other perspective I know that it looks bad when your punishlog is twice as big even though 50% are not even proper punishments
Industry and Landwork Company

since 28.10.2013

“In view of the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that he did not also limit his stupidity.”
- Konrad Adenauer

Are you group leader or founder? Rent GMP now

beerman123

« Reply #7 on: 07 03, 2014, 06:50:32 pm »
Punishlogs aren't made to be pretty or anything. They are made to check a person's history with staff. Slaps, freezes and kicks are a part of this.

Offline HaniFarps

« Reply #8 on: 07 03, 2014, 07:26:52 pm »
What if VehiclePunch(es) gets removed after 3-4 months?
That will be great too , just like the staffs punch cause you can get it removed anyway by talking to a +L3 staff , but I don't want to add it now so they don't lock it saying "many suggestions in 1 topic" .
Well , what if slaps, freezes, kicks doesn't show in punishlog to players but they exist in case a staff needs it in future . I mean why not disable being able to see slaps, free... and kicks in punishlogs for players.
Yup that's exactly what I said to Lapeno , we don't need to see them BUT why don't they just get saved in Admin logs so if they needed they can just check it without bothering our punishlogs as we don't need to see them .
I have like 11 extra lines of these punishments in my punishlog , when I apply it will just make the punishlog look bigger and will show that i'll have to scroll down to see more punishments , groups with non-staffs in it might think that that if I scrolled it down there will be more jails and bans , and it's just useless anyway for us , only staffs need to check them SOMETIMES in some cases .
Punishlogs aren't made to be pretty or anything. They are made to check a person's history with staff. Slaps, freezes and kicks are a part of this.
But we don't need these little punishments , cause as I said if I post a picture of my punishlog they'll see that there's more punisments if I scroll down and they will think it's jails and bans , we players don't need to check them but if staffs need to check them then they should be saved in admin logs not in players punishlog .

beerman123

« Reply #9 on: 07 03, 2014, 07:49:21 pm »
But we don't need these little punishments , cause as I said if I post a picture of my punishlog they'll see that there's more punisments if I scroll down and they will think it's jails and bans , we players don't need to check them but if staffs need to check them then they should be saved in admin logs not in players punishlog .

Player punishlog is actually intended for admins.

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #10 on: 08 03, 2014, 01:11:46 pm »
Added.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.