Author Topic: Rule Changes  (Read 23698 times)

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
Rule Changes
« on: 07 10, 2014, 08:42:03 pm »
Following on from the last news topic, which had great success, I noticed that a lot of people were bring up problems with the rules and administrators. So now we'll be focussing on the rules. In this poll, you can pick up to 3 rules, if you believe that those rules need changing or getting rid of altogether. The whole rules:

Show content
Note: Some rules have been removed which is why there are missing numbers and the rule IDs can't change without affecting our auto punishment for repeat offending system.

2. Listen to server staff. - Server staff can be identified by a [CIT] tag and are here to help players.

3. Do not annoy staff members, do not stand near them and do not honk at them. Do not send blatantly invalid reports like "DM" in LV or at a criminal event. If you do this by accident you can delete the report, else face punishment. Do not ask for the hijack to be recovered.

4. Do not cheat, exploit bugs or scam players - Cheating is defined as an unfair advantage. Do not camp in a CITy zone while you're wanted in order to avoid being arrested unless your zone is fully accessible. Hosting car shows where entrants must pay is forbidden. Scamming is mainly when you have an agreed transaction with another player but you don't intend to fulfill the transaction. It is also scamming to buy a CITy zone from the server and then sell it to someone else for unfair profit. If you do this the profit you made and the cost of the zone will be both taken from you and you will be banned for 2 weeks.

5. Do not purposefully evade ingame situations or admins by disconnecting.

6. Do not spam, complain about lag, post quick stats, or advertise outside of F10 (Car shows and events do not count). - Press J if you need to contact an admin. All admins start with [CIT]. Do not misuse the chats that are there for a purpose and not for chatting randomly in. Do not go on about somebody getting punished.

7. Do not request an unfair advantage from a member of staff. Do not request 'group job' from an official group.

8. Play nice. Don't troll or grief. Don't impersonate a player, group or squad. Only use a group tag if the group says you can. Don't harass players that are in a group base. Don't kill cops who are waiting for a criminal event to start.

9. Don't use a stupid, spammy or unacceptable name. For example the name 11111111 is stupid, use something that's actually a word!

10. CIT is a politics and religion free zone, keep real life arguments out of CIT!

11. Selling accounts, arrests, or anything else that isn't a guaranteed transfer is not permitted and if a player scams you that is your fault for breaking this rule. Selling ingame money / VIP/ etc for real life money via PayPal is prohibited.

12. Do not flame / insult / offend people. Don't do it, ever.

13. Speak English only in main and team chat.

14. Do not misuse the CIT support chat. "Misuse" can mean the following: spamming, flooding, non-english, advertising, flaming, trolling, warning players (especially saying "English please"), repeating a question more than once although it was already answered, repeating an answer that has already been stated at least around 6 seconds ago, asking a not CIT server related question and anything else that is not "asking a CIT server related question" or "answering a question".

18. If you have access to deploy a barrier, they must not be placed some where that will block players, this especially applies to tents which must only be placed in an open area. Barriers are intended to provided cover, not block players.

So just post below with what you have to say about the rules.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Offline AmAzigh

• New Community Member
  • Professional FULL HD skins designer, PM me.
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: xCode
  • Ingame: AmAzigh
Re: Rule Changes
« Reply #1 on: 07 10, 2014, 08:50:37 pm »
3. Do not annoy staff members, do not stand near them and do not honk at them. Do not send blatantly invalid reports like "DM" in LV or at a criminal event. If you do this by accident you can delete the report, else face punishment. Do not ask for the hijack to be recovered.

if we can't ask staffs to recover hijack or we can't talk with them about something/problem or anything else... then why staffs team made for ? they should do their job and if someone really annoyed/trolled them they can punish him .

i think you know what I mean .
xCode added as L1 official group since all votations about them not deserving it were actually invalid. (Brian)- Thursday 2nd October 2014
xCode | Leader | Moderator
"Legends never die."
:afro:

Offline Majhool

• Donator L1
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: HoBoS
  • Ingame: MajHoOL
« Reply #2 on: 07 10, 2014, 08:51:02 pm »
Rule #14
14. Do not misuse the CIT support chat. "Misuse" can mean the following: spamming, flooding, non-english, advertising, flaming, trolling, warning players (especially saying "English please"), repeating a question more than once although it was already answered, repeating an answer that has already been stated at least around 6 seconds ago, asking a not CIT server related question and anything else that is not "asking a CIT server related question" or "answering a question".
a lot of staffs punish you for no reason, even if u ask or warn someone...
admins should warn before punish you, if you didnt listen to them so they can punish you
« Last Edit: 07 10, 2014, 08:55:09 pm by Majhool.FTW »

Mr.Hokker

« Reply #3 on: 07 10, 2014, 08:52:39 pm »
I'm fine with the current rules, but ...

admins shouldn't be that strict with the  rules like "don't block with barriers". This rule is good but if you block something very short u shouldn't get punished, the admin should go to you and tell you what you have to do, and only punish if you don't show respect or don't listen.

GlueR

« Reply #4 on: 07 10, 2014, 08:55:58 pm »
13. Speak English only in main and team chat.
1 (8.3%)14. Do not misuse the CIT support chat...

about Non English : what is the way it can Hurt or badly Effect the community ? I mean that Nothing Happen if he Talked with a Non English Words For one time , Some Times They Cannot Show what they Really means With English so he can Use Un English words for 1 time If he wanna explain NOT TO CHAT only if he wanna Explain ... hope you got me .

and Don't Misuse the support chat : why it would Hurt someone if you said " English Please " or " Dont Misuse " Actually He is Helping the Supporters and the Staff Team .. Thanks for reading

Please Mention my Name if you wanna say or edit something on my words so I can see it

xb0xkilla162

« Reply #5 on: 07 10, 2014, 08:58:09 pm »
if we can't ask staffs to recover hijack or we can't talk with them about something/problem or anything else... then why staffs team made for ? they should do their job and if someone really annoyed/trolled them they can punish him .

i think you know what I mean .
We disalowed asking for the hijack to be recovered because it respawns itself so it's just impatient people being annoying.

OhDude

« Reply #6 on: 07 10, 2014, 09:14:50 pm »
well guys about non English thing they have done /main so if you did non English so its like you want to do it ( I don't know how to say it )   so I think that main idea is awesome and brilliant

but when it comes to team you need to make a command for it too  because u and y  are very close too each other

Offline Mashupper

• Donator L3
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: FightForHonor
  • Ingame: Mashupper
  • Squad: #AC Founder
« Reply #7 on: 07 10, 2014, 09:31:00 pm »
@HuLk<3

Though it has /main, some new players can still use it and still talk non - english in it

Life is short, make the best of what little time you have left
Achievements: Senior Community Member / Community Map Editor / Minister of Crime / Criminal Boss / Donator L3 / Notable Criminal / FFH Pawnbroker
Mashupper

Offline StewieMonSta

• Group: Ex. KLM
  • Ingame: StewieMonSta
« Reply #8 on: 07 10, 2014, 10:11:14 pm »
I think we need a more clearer explanation on Rule 12. Depending on the admin - you can get muted for saying 'Fuck you' or 'Fuck off' but I have also been told by some admins before that words like 'Fucking nab' are allowed. In 2013 I saw many people getting muted because they said noob in mainchat. There needs to be a better clarification on this rule.
CIT player since 2012!

Also known as Dan

henry997

« Reply #9 on: 07 10, 2014, 10:13:46 pm »
11. Selling accounts, arrests, or anything else that isn't a guaranteed transfer is not permitted...
Maybe take away the part about 'or anything else that isn't a guaranteed transfer is not permitted' ... people can take their own risks.

Offline StewieMonSta

• Group: Ex. KLM
  • Ingame: StewieMonSta
« Reply #10 on: 07 10, 2014, 10:24:05 pm »
Maybe take away the part about 'or anything else that isn't a guaranteed transfer is not permitted' ... people can take their own risks.
Well this kind of ties in with the whole 'Less unique players' issue. When I was a new player (was back in 2012) I said in main chat that I wanted a base (I did not own a group or anything I just wanted a personal one because I did not know the guidelines) and some guy said he will sell one for 300k, so we went to this gangs base, I gave him 300k and logged off. Getting to the point then: it takes hours for a new player to make any kind of mass money in the server (except donating of course) and I think these players will leave if someone just like me got scammed a large sum of money. Sure you could just say 'use common sense' but newer players just don't quite get the hang of the game and how it works.
CIT player since 2012!

Also known as Dan

chimie

« Reply #11 on: 07 10, 2014, 10:56:26 pm »
"14. Do not misuse the CIT support chat.." This rule should apply for guys with over 20 hours played or so. It's not fair for guys with 5 hours who are just testing a new feature to get muted for saying [ for example] :" pefefefe" once in the support chat.

Offline United

• TopKek™
  • Senior Community Member
  • Group: Pirus
  • Ingame: United
« Reply #12 on: 07 10, 2014, 11:05:27 pm »
"14. Do not misuse the CIT support chat.." This rule should apply for guys with over 20 hours played or so. It's not fair for guys with 5 hours who are just testing a new feature to get muted for saying [ for example] :" pefefefe" once in the support chat.
And can't they say just simply "Test" or they have to spam any random word 5-6 times?

chimie

« Reply #13 on: 07 10, 2014, 11:16:14 pm »
And can't they say just simply "Test" or they have to spam any random word 5-6 times?

5-6 times it's no doubt a thing they should be punished for. Rules should be explained so all the staff members will be able to punish evenly. For example you may not punish  a guy with 3 hours for saying :" KKKK " once in the support chat but some other staff member may do it. And anyway, what harm is done even is he says it not once, 3 times? Again, saying it 6 times it's a different thing.

Offline Zoryth

• Donator L1
  • The Monster
  • Ingame: Zoryth
  • Squad: Umbrella Co.
« Reply #14 on: 07 10, 2014, 11:24:45 pm »
Remember when anyone could kill anyone outside LV? when you went afk for any reason and returned and you were in the hospital? A player could kill anyone and then an admin had to come and ask why. Then the player may or may not be jailed for deathmatch. Total waste of time. And a simple script fixed it. Why let users kill themselves if they shouldn't...

Not all problems can be addressed with a script, but if the problem is way too common, why not do it?

I already gave you an idea via PM about the non english in main/team chat. Let me rephrase it:

Why does a player talk a nonenglish language in main/team chat? I see 3 posible reasons:

1.-A newbie asking for help.
2.-A veteran player who just clicked Y/T(or the new /main bind) by mistake.
3.-A player who wants to have a "Good time" spamming...

Whats a mute? it prevents you to keep using the main chats. The second player had a mistake, so why mute him? he won't do it again, he likes the game, he wants to respect the rules. Why mute him? Oh right, its a PUNISH! so he understands and has more care next time... (all the punish mentality must go out the window). Only the third option deserves a mute. Because s/he will infact keep doing it. But how will we know?

What about having this system:

When a player says something in main/team in another language, instead of an admin muting him, have the following command "/warnlanguage <partialname>". The player will recieve a big message in his/her screen saying the following "Please talk only english in main/team chats". This message will be in his/her language (The system can detect it alone, I see in stats the country of the players).
The newbie will say "oh, ok I didn't know". The veteran will say "gosh, I made a mistake, wont happen again". And the spammer will keep spamming, so here it comes the second part:
If the user does it again in less than 1 hour, then the same command will make the message appear in his/her screen for 2 minutes (so it gets the point) and he won't be able to use anychat for those 2 minutes, but there will be no punishlog.
Finally a 3rd time, (in less than 1 hour) will mute him, and add it to punishlog. With increasing mute times every time.

Reasons for this system:

*the newbie will learn.
*the veteran wont make the mistake again.
*the server will be more friendly with players.
*The spammer will learn that even though the server is soft and friendly with players, it doesnt tolerate rule breakers.

Sure you will have some messages in another language once in a while, but you already have that, the difference is the player is punished and may not even come back again.

inbefore "Newbies must read and learn rules before even using the chats". It's true, but you must be softer with the players if you want them to keep coming back... Not all will read the rules so, you must (as an admin) do it the easier for them to do it.

We disalowed asking for the hijack to be recovered because it respawns itself so it's just impatient people being annoying.

Another example of something that can be fixed using a script. If a player writes all the following words in main, team or support chat:

"CIT/admin/staff", "recover", "hijack"

(in this example cit, admin or staff must be there, but you can make it that only recover and hijack be the words)

Instead of the message being sent, a red message would appear "Please don't ask admins for recover hijack, it recovers itself".

But players can do "cits, please recovr hojick". Well, that can be treated as nonenglish in chats using the idea above, soft and lets the user knows s/he is doing wrong.

These scripts would only need to be created for very common "rule breaks", like the ones posted above.

The rules are ok, its just matter of making them easier to digest to the players. Players don't come to the game to be "punished" because they had a mistake, especially if its its first day playing. Right now I'm sure 50% or even more of punished players didn't deserve it. I played this game for 2 years and my punishs are like 6, but all of them were because of simple mistakes, I am a well behaved player.

Advertise outside f10.

First of all, noone uses F10. Even you said it once when you created GLA xd...

I already advised you in my PM to go play a game made by a professional company, like WoW. To learn from them. So I will tell you how 90% of the games I have played handle this situation:

They have a chat channel called "trade". And then players can even spam 10 times whatever they selling. Player who don't like to see it, can easily disable it in "J" interface. You may think that spam would be an issue... If it isnt an issue on other games, it wont be in this one.

Inbefore the most commonly used argument used everytime someone suggest a new chat. "We dont need 100000000 new chats! J is already overloaded!"... well, the argument is so idiotic I dont think it needs a reply.

This chat will be much more useful than f10, so the ammount of players trying to advertise in main will be less. The ones who still do, can have the same treatment as the ones talking in other languages (the messages I suggested above). command "/warnadvertise <partialname>".

You can (as admins) think what are the most commonly broken rules. And design a way to handle it without beign too hard with players. Just be hard with the players who actually deserve it:

Trollers.
Scammers.
Spammers.
etc etc.
When the Devil is too busy. And Death's a bit too much. They call on me by name you see, for my special touch. To the gentlemen I'm Miss Fortune. To the ladies, I'm Sir Prize. But call me by any name. Any way it's all the same.