Author Topic: Appreciation Day  (Read 14663 times)

Offline Arran

• Administrator
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
Appreciation Day
« on: 27 08, 2013, 10:28:43 pm »
It was my birthday recently and everybody was like "happy birthday!" but I didn't like it because to me it seems like undeserved attention for a day, what did I do? I was alive for 7670 days, so what? Aren't there any better reasons to celebrate somebody other than the fact they were born on a certain day in the year?

I said that rather than everyone saying "happy birthday" which is basically meaningless how about we say some other words? "Thank you". "Thank you for..." I would much prefer people thank me for example, creating CIT than saying happy birthday, it would actually have some meaning then. (Oh and don't think of PMing me now)

Wouldn't you prefer that too? People appreciating what you've done for them whether you helped them, been a good friend or simply existed. But there's a problem. We have birthdays but we don't have an appreciation day.

So I say, let's have our own appreciation day. Just say thanks to people whenever you get an opportunity, for a day. Although only we'll know about appreciation day, who's to say you can't say thanks to people outside CIT? Just tell them it's appreciation day! Using the Internet, we have the power to cause a chain reaction around the world, a reaction of appreciation showing. All it takes is you, to show others your appreciation.

So on Sunday the 1st of September join me in a day of appreciation showing. I want to see the forum, ingame and IRC covered in appreciation for each other!

THANK YOU FOR READING!
« Last Edit: 27 08, 2013, 10:32:32 pm by Arran »
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.

Dave

Re: Appreciation Day
« Reply #1 on: 27 08, 2013, 10:32:11 pm »
Let this be a notice all around the forums and ingame, it'll be awesome. How about you make a really annoying advertisement ingame about that day (not so annoying, please.)

Evil4N

« Reply #2 on: 27 08, 2013, 10:34:56 pm »
Nice initiative alright. (See I can make positive posts in the end lol)

MentosMint

« Reply #3 on: 27 08, 2013, 10:36:53 pm »
Good idea, I would love to see this. :)

GLAYIS

« Reply #4 on: 27 08, 2013, 10:37:09 pm »
Wouldn't you prefer that too?

Yes if I were you I would prefer a thank you to a happy birthday although its still nice to say.
Hope its going to be a good appreciation day, everybody thanking, without trouble or any bad thing happening.

Offline rounder

• Junior Community Member
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: TeamDGers
  • Ingame: TAYroun
« Reply #5 on: 27 08, 2013, 10:47:00 pm »
For me I don't belive in B-Days already but I just belive in the fact that you must congratulate your friends or to the people that you know In that day because if you didn't they may think that you're a hater or something like, nvm.

Moreover you're always been thankful for creating this server and handling it for about 3 years now, so much words to say but lets wait to the 1st of September.

Offline Cherry

• The Fruit
  • Honorable
  • She's your cherry pie
  • Group: ILC
  • Ingame: Cherry|ILC
  • Squad: Cupcakes
« Reply #6 on: 27 08, 2013, 10:47:27 pm »
Lets make something big out of it! Not a huge party or something, but telling people "thank you" instead if " :o!!!!!!!!!" or something. We can do it  :)

Offline BabY

• Senior Community Member
  • Ingame: LiL_BabY
« Reply #7 on: 27 08, 2013, 10:50:21 pm »
Great inspiration! Hope this becomes a turning point for CITizens to appreciate each other!
Software Engineer
Ex. Staff (x2)
SO, Ex. SO
Wait for 2024

superr

« Reply #8 on: 27 08, 2013, 11:26:05 pm »
Nice idea to do it Arran
I'll be there...

Offline Kavzor

• The Viking
  • Honorable
  • aka IKEA Employee
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
« Reply #9 on: 27 08, 2013, 11:29:40 pm »
Nice idea to do it Arran
I'll be there...
it's about being in it, spread the word, it's the day of appreciation, social media, face to face, you name it, thank your friends for exsisting
“Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.”  -- Jack Sparrow

Offline Rabbid Rabbit

• The Rabbit
  • Honorable
« Reply #10 on: 27 08, 2013, 11:37:52 pm »
Honestly, this is something I wished for lol. Also, when I told you '' happy bday '' I tried to convey a sense of gratitude for all that you've done for me and us ... Anyway.

But yeah, I know what you mean. We are the best server with the best community, but sometimes ... sometimes I feel there's not enough love for the players, sometimes players are like '' f you '' between each other, or they are a bit ... disrespectfull to each other, if they don't resort to flames ...

The players make this community, also ... the devs make the scripts which power all our events and stuff, I also feel that some people, or a sum of people are totally unaware of what it's like to script a 300 line event or something, it's like ... they don't care or could care less.

In some sense I feel they take us for granted. Admittedly, not all staff are developers, some are not skilled enough and do other things. But at the same time, those who don't script aren't given the same ammount of respect ....

We might not script like you or other devs do, but we do other things and lately I've seen and felt that some players think it's '' piss easy '' being an admin ... but if you take your job seriously and look for the best, take your time with each player to ensure the best '' time here '' then it's not easy and it can be stressfull, if you really give your time to each player ...

Anyways ... basically we need this day. It was something I wanted and I'm sure many others did aswell ... We are all needed here, we all have a role here, including the players, including ... -everyone-. We should all recognise our roles within this community and be thankfull many of us contribute like some do, while not all of us are super usefull ...

We all have a purpous here and we all should be thankfull we made the current community we have, but ... we can always be a better, nicer and friendly community, we should keep trying to be:

The best we can be.
Make the most of what you have, you never know when life might take it away

Beginning

I am grateful to have found you, to have known you, played with you and I thank you for your messagess.
I wish the best for this community.

Offline CLA$$IC'

• Junior Community Member
  • A L B A N I A N
  • Ingame: CLA$$IC'#039#039
  • Squad: ForsakeN
« Reply #11 on: 27 08, 2013, 11:41:49 pm »
Nice idea Arran. I will be there. but at what time.

CorkoKiller

« Reply #12 on: 27 08, 2013, 11:48:21 pm »
I dissagree to this entire post while normaly I aggree with yah!
Your birthday is celebrated because you are alive and healthy for another year
With that said, we should appreciate eachother every day!
Before you know it, it's your last...

Offline ElTongaZ

• Senior Community Member
  • Fly on... Little wing
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
  • Group: BNA
  • Ingame: ElTongaZ
  • Squad: Anti Riot
« Reply #13 on: 28 08, 2013, 12:03:24 am »
Not sure if in everyone's country happens the same, but in mine's, we have a friends day, which is pretty much like this, saying thanks for being a friend, being there.
we should appreciate eachother every day!
I agree with this, but you know, all that spam... ::)

Before you know it, it's your last...
Phrase to remember
Money is an abstract form of human happiness, so who is no longer able to appreciate the true human happiness, is completely dedicated to it

Spanish Board Moderator | BNA Special Agent in Charge SCU Commander | AR Lieutenant Colonel

Offline Arran

• Administrator
  • Ingame: [CIT]Arran
« Reply #14 on: 28 08, 2013, 12:43:11 am »
Your birthday is celebrated because you are alive and healthy for another year

There is nothing special about living another 365 days though.

With that said, we should appreciate eachother every day!

We should and most people do say thanks for stuff but appreciation day is special because we will say thanks regardless of whether somebody did something recently for us or not we'll be saying thanks to people for simply seeing them. If you want to take it even further you can think about all the things we take for granted in our lives, like saying thanks to the billions of transistors in our CPU, taps that spurt out clean water or the billions of bacteria that live in our body and keep us alive. Things we'd never even think about on a daily basis.
Proof You Are so Much More Than What You Realise
Authority is not truth. Truth is authority.